Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 05:11 PM

Default OPR

On OPR they show a % and opr rank near the top. What does this tell? My opr screen name under setxraven shows 98.36% and 9450 of 576125, how would I interpret these figures?
Old 08-22-2007, 05:42 PM

Default Re: OPR

[x] thinly veiled brag
[x] OP didn't read the FAQ on the site he's asking about
Old 08-22-2007, 06:04 PM

no not a brag, hell i dont even know what they actually mean. I would really like to know how to interpret these figures. Also since these reflect on tourneys why wouldn't this be the forum to ask?
Old 08-22-2007, 06:05 PM

[x] I hate this way of answering posts and if it becomes the norm in MTTC I'll be [censored] pissed.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On OPR they show a % and opr rank near the top. What does this tell? My opr screen name under setxraven shows 98.36% and 9450 of 576125, how would I interpret these figures?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is what it is supposed to mean and what it really does mean.

What it is supposed to mean: Based on your tournament performance over the last 120 days you are ranked 9450 out of the 576,125 people they have ranked across all sites.

What it does mean: Not a lot, or at least difficult to say. Some of the possibilities are:

You're better than most, at least at your typical buy-in. (Keep in mind that of those 576,125 most of them barely played enough for OPR to have enough tournaments to rank them and most suck, better than most is good, but may not be that good).

You've been running really good lately, but suck.

Overall you're a winning player plus you play a lot.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:18 PM

Ok let me rephrase my question. The question should be "How do I interpret these numbers to know how well or poorly I am playing?" Also what other sites would one reccommend for finding out how someone ranks in their play?
Old 08-22-2007, 06:21 PM

Thanks Big. My guess would be the second possibility lol.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok let me rephrase my question. The question should be "How do I interpret these numbers to know how well or poorly I am playing?" Also what other sites would one reccommend for finding out how someone ranks in their play?

[/ QUOTE ]

The numbers you quoted don't really tell you much. As someone said you can read the FAQ. It explains to some degree how they decide on these rankings. Decide for yourself on how reliable they are based on what you think of their criteria. (If you do a search there was a thread on this a month or two ago.)

The real value of OPR is the other numbers (ROI, ITM%, when you go out, etc). Study of these and comparison to top players can be helpful in discovering weaknesses in your game.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you only have one big win? If so, then I wouldn't give any credit to these numbers. You also shouldn't be so results oriented. Read the MTT forums, and read actual strategy forums to see if you're actually any good.

Your OPR ranking has zero bearing on if you're a good player or not.