Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 10:51 PM

Default NL 25 - Top pair turn play

What to do on the turn?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $19.05
BB: $25.00
UTG: $37.35
Hero (MP): $25.80
CO: $26.75
BTN: $24.65

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $0.75, BB folds

Flop: ($1.95) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.10</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $2.20</font>, Hero calls $1.10

Turn: ($6.35) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $2.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6.75</font>, <font color="red">SB raises all-in to $16.00</font>, Hero ??
Old 08-21-2007, 10:52 PM

Default Re: NL 25 - Top pair turn play

I'd just flat call the initial bet or possibly fold depending on my read on villain

As played, definitely fold
Old 08-21-2007, 10:54 PM

why are you raising the turn? what worse hands do you expect to call? Just call the small turn bet imo, and see what he does on the river. As played its kind of close because your getting 3 to 1 on a call. If he's ever doing this with a worse hand (some nl25 players are) then it may be a call. Against an unknown fold it, but having to fold when you are getting 3 to 1 for all the money usually means you made a pretty big mistake earlier in the hand.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:55 PM

you mean flat call the turn? (By the way, what is a "flat" call?)

I thought raising saved me money on the river. If a blank peels off on the river then what? Check? Bet/fold to a shove?
Old 08-21-2007, 11:05 PM

I mean call the $2.75 on the turn rather than raise

Flat call just means call, the 'flat' is simply emphatic as in 'smooth call'

You will be in position on the river right? If I called the turn I would probably fold to most significant river bets, and check behind if villain checks

You seem to be saying that your turn raise was for information, but villain has already given you a lot of information by check/min-raising the flop and following through on the turn
Old 08-21-2007, 11:09 PM

Again reads are crucial here... Against some villains I fold the flop here, but a call is fine... I would probably just call turn, and re-evaluate river and most likely fold to a bet on the river... Calling down with top pair against such a strong line (without reads) is going to end up as a loss in the long run. Completely agree with jack, if u raise there u have to be happy to call the ai because of the odds ur getting