Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 02:13 PM

Default weak line with AJ

PartyPoker $100 NL Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(4 handed)</font> HandRecorder v0.9b

Stacks &amp; Stats
BB ($141.94) (44/20/2.11/27) (114h)
CO ($107.60)
BU ($56)
Hero ($100.50)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#FF0000">BB raises to $8</font>, Hero calls $4.

Flop: ($16) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">BB bets $15</font>, Hero calls $15.

Turn: ($46) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">BB bets $34</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $80.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:17 PM

Default Re: weak line with AJ

To be honest, there is about no other hand i would rather play oop to a mr preflop than aj. It seems like every time i call the flop is axx and i play it the same as you, which really sucks. So recently I have been just folding pf to a mr/3b which is probably slightly -ev but makes post flop so much easier.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:23 PM

I think you played it well up until the point you folded -- I call and c/c any river.

Come on, he's a 44/20 and you're giving him credit for a hand? The reason you're playing passively it to let him hang himself when he has crap. If he has AQ or AK, so be it, it'll be easier for you to double up your next buyin through him later.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:27 PM

I think if we call turn he's going to shove the river when ahead and check when behind. So we could call turn with that in mind on the river, but to be honest I kind of like a flop c/r or c/c flop, lead turn type of line here.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think if we call turn he's going to shove the river when ahead and check when behind. So we could call turn with that in mind on the river, but to be honest I kind of like a flop c/r or c/c flop, lead turn type of line here.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like this too, puts him in a tough spot and lets him make the mistake.

i think i take the same line like 75% of the time. pretty player dependent, but if you're seen him min raising some premiums like AQ/AK then you're dead in the water. he's also putting a lot of pressure on.. so gonna depend on the table feel, but i fold here a lot.