Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 09:43 AM

Default PT and leaks

I've read the Pokey and PT
guide and self diagnose on a regular basis ... for different time frames. Very useful

Does anyone do other PT gymnastics with other stats/numbers/%ages to get an idea where they may have leaks?
Old 08-21-2007, 10:00 AM

Default Re: PT and leaks

I'm planning on doing a detailed study of my stats soon, once I hit 10K hands @ 25NL.

In the meantime I filter on different types of hands and make sure i'm not spewing out money on certain types of hands.

A weird thing i've found is i'm more profitable with both AKo and AQo than I am with AKs and AQs. I'm wondering if i'm misplaying draws or if it is just lack of sample size.

Also the stats by position are great. I think I may be too loose from SB, or used to be anyway, i've tightened up greatly in the past couple of months.

Also it's nice to see that the two blinds are the only positions i'm "negative". Am I supposed to be able to break even in the blinds??

Have you checked out PokerEV yet? That's kind of a cool program too, though i'm not sure how to use it yet.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:23 AM

Default Re: PT and leaks

Haven't done the PokerEV thing because I know I'm not getting everything I can out of PT yet [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

So far i just analyse based on what Pokey says in his thread but he implied that this analysis was just a start.

Blinds will cost you money ... make sure you don't spew defending them and steal blinds like a mofo ... I'm at 36% and can hardly believe what I get away with