Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 06:35 PM

Default river w small flush, paired board

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $135.50
Hero (BB): $100.00
UTG: $72.90
MP: $46.00
CO: $99.90
BTN: $106.55

Reads: <font color="blue">villain be unknown to me, gots not stats or nuttin. just 5 minutes of table time in which nothing happened.</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $1.00, <font color="red">CO raises to $5.50</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $5.00, Hero calls $4.50, MP calls $4.50

Flop: ($22) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="red">CO bets $12.00</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $12.00, MP folds

Turn: ($46) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($46) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $50.00</font>, Hero?
Old 08-20-2007, 06:38 PM

Default Re: river w small flush, paired board

fold, he has a higher flush
Old 08-20-2007, 06:40 PM

I'd check-raise the flop and get it allin. As played on the flop bet the river, I really don't like your check.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:53 PM

given how passive you played this, i cant imagine folding now.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd check-raise the flop and get it allin. As played on the flop bet the river, I really don't like your check.

[/ QUOTE ]

if i check raise the flop to get it AI i am a small dog when the money goes in. this is probably negated by him folding under pairs to the board however (to the point where getting it in is probably a good move). however, he is giving me really good odds to just call also. if he had made a bigger bet, i probably would have moved in as it would make more sens efrom a bet size perspective.

as for the river, if i bet it all my money will probably end up in. if i check, i give him a chance to bluff and/or bet better hands without me putting all my money in.

this is what i was thinking anyways. i am probably in left left field with all of this.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:16 PM

I'd c/r the flop in this spot too, maybe to about $40. If he flat calls, the turn is tricky as I never know what to do then. But, maximize your equity (fold + hand equity) on the flop by getting more money in.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:19 PM

Yeah we are a small dog when all the money goes in on the flop, but we also get him to fold hands a very significant amount of the time. Also the fact that we are OOP makes it better because it is hard to extract when we hit OOP.

Undecided about the river now. I think I kinda like you're check, but only if you c/rai to a normal sized bet. Vs this bet just call.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:45 PM

yeah him folding out PP's in the 99-KK range is something i didn't think about enough when i called.

i have been trying to 'think' more when holding hands like this, as opposed to doing whats normal...which in this case would be...a pair and a FD? all in....thinking is always good, but sometimes it leads to over thinking...and in the end there is a reason its 'normal' to get AI here and thats because its correct a very large % of the time.