Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007, 08:28 PM

Default NL50 - AA in position facing another check minraise!!

UTG Villain is a multitabling mousey TAG 18/6/2.43
CO villain is an idiot

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 7 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $126.60
BB: $50.00
UTG: $85.45
UTG+1: $120.00
MP: $18.75
CO: $5.80
Hero (BTN): $65.50

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (7 Players)
UTG calls $0.50, 2 folds, CO calls $0.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.00</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls $2.50, CO calls $2.50

Flop: ($9.75) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
UTG checks, CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $9.00</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $18.00</font>, CO calls all-in for $2.80, <font color="red">Hero ???</font>

Why the hell do I always get check minraised? People can't hit sets all the time against me can they? Is this how people play TPTK? Top two? I'm at a loss [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Could villain slowplay KK? QQ, 1010, 66? AQ, KQ?
Old 08-18-2007, 08:46 PM

Default Re: NL50 - AA in position facing another check minraise!!

Shove.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:52 AM

According to Diebitters tool villain is ranging is calling in this spot (UTG) with 22+,AQ+,AJs,KQs. Top two is unlikely IMHO far to loose for this player. A draw would probably go for a Bet/Raise/Reraise scenario; this is KK, TT, 66 (probably not QQ, I have not one villain with a little aggression call with that UTG), AQ, KQs. If he has AQ or KQ he will surely shutup if you call this bet and he will also not call an allin move with it. KK, TT, 66 will. Most of the time you are behind in this spot and most villains know that playing AQ or KQs OOP when they are not the agressor sucks... I would just call with the potodds offered and evaluate on the turn, I don't see what an allin bet will accomplish here...
Old 08-19-2007, 05:07 AM

if your villain is doing this a lot - assign him worse and worse hands. If his play prior to this has been to check min raise you a lot - shove
Old 08-19-2007, 03:46 PM

fold, especially since you have Ac.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
According to Diebitters tool villain is ranging is calling in this spot (UTG) with 22+,AQ+,AJs,KQs. Top two is unlikely IMHO far to loose for this player. A draw would probably go for a Bet/Raise/Reraise scenario; this is KK, TT, 66 (probably not QQ, I have not one villain with a little aggression call with that UTG), AQ, KQs. If he has AQ or KQ he will surely shutup if you call this bet and he will also not call an allin move with it. KK, TT, 66 will. Most of the time you are behind in this spot and most villains know that playing AQ or KQs OOP when they are not the agressor sucks... I would just call with the potodds offered and evaluate on the turn, I don't see what an allin bet will accomplish here...

[/ QUOTE ]

So if I call, and he pushes the turn...I fold?
So if I call, and he checks the turn...I push?

I understand this is a great situation for AA, especially with the Ac, but I've been looking through my hand histories and I've noticed that the check min-raise line shows a lot of strength. Maybe when I see it from a relatively unknown I should re-evaluate his range. Any thoughts?

Also, shoving only gets called by QQ, 1010, or 66 here imho...correct?
Old 08-19-2007, 04:32 PM

id call and re-evaluate but your nearly always behind here.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So if I call, and he pushes the turn...I fold?
So if I call, and he checks the turn...I push?
I understand this is a great situation for AA, especially with the Ac, but I've been looking through my hand histories and I've noticed that the check min-raise line shows a lot of strength. Maybe when I see it from a relatively unknown I should re-evaluate his range. Any thoughts?

Also, shoving only gets called by QQ, 1010, or 66 here imho...correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah call and if he shoves the turn I would fold, if he checks and I see a club on the turn I wil definitely take the freecard and evaluate the river (call a reasonable bet). If he checks and I see no club I take a bet/fold line (I bet to protect against draws; you either loose a bet here or on the river if he has you beat). If he bets when a club falls off you have to estimate your odds, if he bets big and there is no club I would fold. I consider calling to evaluate the turn when in position as a pretty powerful weapon, evaluating the turn when you are OOP is very difficult. You guys are pretty deep here so there could be some playing with draws...
Old 08-19-2007, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
According to Diebitters tool ...

[/ QUOTE ]

what a way to start a post...