Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 07:58 PM

Default difficult TT hand

i had a bit of a meltdown during this hand, and pretty much played it with no plan whatsoever. i flopped a big draw, but an easily dominated draw, against a bad player, on an actionriffic board, oop, with the lead. what would your approach be here?

villain is 67/20/0.8

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $25.75
BB: $21.90
UTG: $52.95
MP: $26.85
CO: $25.05
BTN: $11.40

Preflop: Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, MP calls $0.25, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.15</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $0.90, MP folds

Flop: ($2.80) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $0.50</font>, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($3.80) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.35</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $4.70</font>, Hero calls $2.35

River: ($13.20) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $2.50</font>, Hero calls $2.50

Pot Size: $18.20 ($0.90 Rake)

i think i should have just bet my hand out here and pushed over a raise. i think that considering villain's limp pf, about anything he has that makes my draw worthless is behind me, and obviously i have a lot of outs against most hands that are ahead of me. i really didn't think things out too well at the time though.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:47 PM

Default Re: difficult TT hand

Villain's betting patterns look exactly like a T that's scared of the flush. You should definitely lead out on the flop with $2.50 or so - you'll take it down right there quite often.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:51 PM

i can understand your PF play if your a loose raiser thats fine but...on the flop you c/c which i do not understand, there is a clear flush on the board which cancels your straight draw, that or he has Q paired with AQ which beats you now, or your drawing to a T high flush...whats up man ??? you either raise on the flop massively to eliminate the draws outhere and fold to a RR, or fold on the flop

Reverse Implied Odds...win a little, lose alot. Fold.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i can understand your PF play if your a loose raiser thats fine but...on the flop you c/c which i do not understand, there is a clear flush on the board which cancels your straight draw, that or he has Q paired with AQ which beats you now, or your drawing to a T high flush...whats up man ??? you either raise on the flop massively to eliminate the draws outhere and fold to a RR, or fold on the flop

Reverse Implied Odds...win a little, lose alot. Fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not sure what you mean about my pf play. the only thing odd about it is that i didn't raise more. TT is good.

villain probably isn't limp/calling an AQ, and even if he did, he's got a humongous range with his stats here. most of the time my draw isn't good, my hand is, and visa versa.

i agree that this hand is a trainwreck, but now way am i c/fing to a 1/5 pot bet.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:15 PM

Actually, from the SB behind two callers, I tend to call preflop with TT from time to time.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:22 PM

raising and calling pf both seem reasonable to me. that's a topic that's already been beaten to death though.