Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 11:29 PM

Default Clock Ruling?? 1/2NL underground room

A little background info, player to my right is an old grumpy guy who had just had a blowup with loose player because the loose player called two all ins with 55 and felted old guy when he spiked a five on the flop. This happened two hands before.

I have 92 in the BB, old guy is in the SB, loose player in MP. Board of AK959. Pot of around $15. Check to loose guy who bets $15. Old guy shoves for around $100 with a loud "FU". The table erupts in a debate about old guy's actions. I ask everyone to hold it down for a sec, since I have a decision to make in calling $100 into a $15 pot. The table begins to quiet down to give me a chance to think.

Dealer looks at me and tells me I have 30 seconds left on the clock. I ask dealer who called clock and he replies "It doesn't matter, clock has been called" This took place only about 30-40 seconds after old guy bet. This ruling ticked me off as I am a regular in this room who NEVER calls clock if someone is facing a tough decision and I do all I can to keep the game moving when it's my time to act.

My question is, does the player who has the clock on him have the right to know who called it??
Old 08-19-2007, 11:58 PM

Default Re: Clock Ruling?? 1/2NL underground room

You're playing in an underground room so I doubt they have a rule book. Technically you should be given that courtesy.

BTW, what were you thinking about? Did you really think he also spiked a set and pushed for the $100?
Old 08-20-2007, 12:03 AM

Didn't want to get into strategy, but yeah. With this particular old guy, I was pretty sure he had a nine at the minimum and possibly a boat. (he did have a nine for the chop)
Old 08-20-2007, 07:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Old guy shoves for around $100 with a loud "FU". The table erupts in a debate about old guy's actions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious what the "debate" was about.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Old guy shoves for around $100 with a loud "FU". The table erupts in a debate about old guy's actions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious what the "debate" was about.

[/ QUOTE ]

The old guy had gotten pretty crappy and berating the loose guy. Everyone at the table wants the loose guy to have a good time as he is a regular donator. Several people jumped on old guy for carrying things too far and (in not so many words) told him to STFU.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I ask dealer who called clock and he replies "I did, now crap or get off the pot."

[/ QUOTE ]