Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007, 04:02 AM

Default AK oop in min3b pot. Help me not to suck.

Very first hand at the table. I'm really lost with the small bet and min 3bet. Do I repop this PF to like $10? Readless, do I ever fold if either villain pushes? I just called like the weak tighty that I am, and boom! I flop TPTK. Check, check, Cbet. My flop plan was to raise enough to get AI with the CO. If CO's enough of a donk to min 3bet, he may stack off lightly. Big big trouble ensues when MP 3bets all-in, and CO calls. I figure I'm toast by now, but am getting about 5:1 odds, so this is a call here, right?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $49.50
BB: $14.95
UTG: $27.50
MP: $43.15
CO: $37.80
BTN: $65.40

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP raises to $1.50, CO raises to $2.50, BTN folds, Hero calls $2.25, BB folds, MP calls $1.00

Flop: ($8) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, MP checks, CO bets $8.00, Hero raises to $20.00, MP raises all-in to $40.65, CO calls all-in for $27.30, Hero?
Old 08-18-2007, 04:19 AM

Default Re: AK oop in min3b pot. Help me not to suck.

problem is, I think you're up against a set, where your only outs are running hearts, kings, or aces. Even if it's "only" AJ or A5, there's only 3 kings to help you. I think you can fold.

You're not going to be shown another AK AND heart draw very often. (especially because you're holding the K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])
Old 08-18-2007, 04:31 AM

I don't like the pre-flop call - you're OOP against two people who like their hands enough to raise. Either pop it to $10 (and fold to a shove) or let the two of them fight over this one. Smooth-calling would be fine if you were on the button, but you're not.

Just be aware that if a $10 pre-flop bet is called and you flop TPTK, any decent c-bet (in the $15 range if one caller) will commit you.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:48 AM

Play it fast pf and on the flop.

In your situation I guess You just can't fold....With no read against vilains their hands range are way too large (draw, set, AK, AQ....) You are strongly commited with your TPTK, 20$ bet, and the size of the pot. Insta call !