Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007, 01:24 AM

Default NL 10 AJs great flop, lots of aggro.

I didn't have my Poker Tracker/PAH up so no stats on villans at time (slows my computer down so much. *Sigh* the trivial woes of a broke college student). Haven't seen them get too dumb, although big blind folds to reraises a lot, prolly just chucking out a c-bet or a info raise and folding when opponent comes over the top.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
9 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $16.50
UTG+1: $6.70
MP1: $12.55
MP2: $2.20
MP3: $13.45
Hero: $10.75
Button: $3.95
SB: $3.80
BB: $15.40

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB checks.

Prolly should have raised here, but my raises seem to not cut the field down too much on this table.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($0.7, 7 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $0.7</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $2.8</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises all-in $6.6</font>, 2 folds, Hero.....?

I'm thinking small blind has a wide range and have seen him bet weak top pair hands into fields like this. BB could have all of the above plus the wheel/set/two pair thrown into his range, but top pair seems just as likely for him. UTG+1 has prob set or two pair, maybe top pair good kicker. I'm thinking this is a shove, try to get the other two to fold. Even if the UTG has set, the blinds have paid for me to bust him. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:36 AM

Default Re: NL 10 AJs great flop, lots of aggro.

i dont think i could ever fold this.

Even if someone has a retarded 2 pair, you have outs to better 2 pair. I don't think you are straight ahead very often, but you have plenty of outs. poosh.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:47 AM

Ya, wasn't considering folding this either. My main questions were:

A: Push or call. I know, calling = death in poker, but I'm thinking I'm often behind here, so should I try to get more people in here to get even more money in the pot? Seems like a shove will fold out worse hands and get more money in vs. better hands. Then again if they will call $6 in a $16+ pot, seems like they'll call $11 in a $21 pot. Maybe too much limit thinking still though.

B: Preflop: Should I raise AJs here. Seems like 4x+ 1.5-2 BB seems like it works better, but should I put that much monies in preflop with a decient but not awesome hand like this?
Old 08-18-2007, 02:45 AM

Preflop, I just overlimp as well. This is one of the few flops I'd be happy with if I get several callers, or just one who gets aggressive on the flop.

As played on the flop, I push. I like my odds against UTG+1's range, and I think there is a decent chance of SB calling too. He has like 20% of his stack in already and the pot is now huge. I think if BB likes his hand enough to call the reraise, he'll probably call your reraise. Plus, if you call, your stack is probably going in on the turn, so I'd put it in now with the outside chance of folding an A3/A4/A5 hand.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:23 AM

given your stack, it looks like it doesn't matter whether you call or push.
Old 08-18-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Plus, if you call, your stack is probably going in on the turn, so I'd put it in now with the outside chance of folding an AQ hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Two pair is never folding here.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:22 PM

Our top pair is clearly not good here, and improving to two pair is probably not good enough. We rely on our draws: flush or running boat. I would rather go for a call here to maximize pot equity vs $ put in. I think we would rather have the weaker hands come along. If we push, only the weakest hands will be folding. If they are strong, then they will be coming back at us anyway. I think it's a pretty clear call.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Our top pair is clearly not good here, and improving to two pair is probably not good enough. We rely on our draws: flush or running boat. I would rather go for a call here to maximize pot equity vs $ put in. I think we would rather have the weaker hands come along. If we push, only the weakest hands will be folding. If they are strong, then they will be coming back at us anyway. I think it's a pretty clear call.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you call, you are 100% committed, plus anyone planning on calling the $6.60 is not folding for $10.50 with the possible exception of BB.

I also think that there is a fair chance that our 2 pair outs may be good. BB could already have a weak 2 pair or something like AT/AQ and our Jacks would be clean. UTG+1 can have all kinks of 2 pair or straight + flush draws.

I just put it in now and hope for the best [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Plus, if you call, your stack is probably going in on the turn, so I'd put it in now with the outside chance of folding an AQ hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Two pair is never folding here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but AQ does not have 2 pair here...
Old 08-18-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you call, you are 100% committed, plus anyone planning on calling the $6.60 is not folding for $10.50 with the possible exception of BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no plan to fold. Getting committed is great. I think $10 is still different than 6.60. I think Mike meant TP-better-kicker (AQ) is never folding here, and I agree.