Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 01:32 PM

Default The state of $100NL FT

I play on full tilt $100 and have noticed from the donks and the TAG regulars that the aggressiveness of players is much higher than at the $50 tables. Most of the passive fish seem to be broke at this point, there are WAY more aggressive players than there used to be.

When I first started at the $100 tables I found I couldn't bully people as much, reraises and floats seem a lot more common. I have found that being aggressive from late position, but not continuation betting as much is working into what I feel is the best strategy.

Basically by appearing loose aggressive, but only proceeding with a hand in later streets when it's hard to get a guy to fold because he knows you continuation bet or getting reraised with a hand that can't stand a reraise I've found I lose a lot less with weak hands but still get paid off when I hit a hand. Seems like everyone is trying to outplay everyone else all the time with raises and such so I've started to adapt a more tricky, trappy style.

Question for the winning regulars. I've noticed a lot of the winners in the game are the hyper aggressive players who keep betting out every street big regardless. But this has got to increase variance a lot. Is anyone else noticing these tendencies and adjusting like I am or are we in a state where you believe you have to be very aggressive to win?
Old 08-16-2007, 01:50 PM

Default Re: The state of $100NL FT

ya think? maybe b/c when you move up you get better quality
Old 08-16-2007, 01:51 PM

OK maybe I should simplify things. What skills are needed to beat an opponent who 3 bets constantly in position instead of calling and will almost always fire a bullet or two on the flop and turn? Do you patiently wait or out aggressive them?
Old 08-16-2007, 01:57 PM

Just find a new table. Or get to his left. Or stay out of his way. Or if you really need to have a pissing match with him open up your 4 betting range and mostly fold to his 3bets, sometimes 4 bet with premiums and some other junk when you have a hunch he's weak.