Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 04:16 PM

Default 200nl: AK not looking so hot on this turn.....

Villian was 20/8 or something around there. I hated this spot on the turn, shove and hope for the best? Only really getting called by better though. What other options are there? Can we consider c/f? Or maybe c/c to induce action from weaker holdings although risking a potentially dangerous free card? Should I have bet less on the flop to avoid being so committed?

No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $202.3
UTG+1: $207.6
CO: $184.19
Button: $241.1
Hero: $283.3
BB: $200

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $8</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $26</font>, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($54, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $45</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($144, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero?
Old 08-15-2007, 04:54 PM

Default Re: 200nl: AK not looking so hot on this turn.....

Bump....
Old 08-15-2007, 05:45 PM

anyone.....lol
Old 08-15-2007, 05:49 PM

That's a really ugly turn-card. Yes, I don't much reason to bet this big on the flop. Maybe it's your style, I don't know.

The problem with the turn is that you're only getting called by better on the turn. Unles... he has like QQ with a club. But that's a pretty thin range.

Check turn seems good and hope to get to cheap showdown. On the other hand betting the turn and not folding could be ok as well.

What kinda samplesize for 20/8 and what's the aggro factor and all that stuff. You gotta provide some reads mang.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:16 PM

I have him as 23/6/0.8 over 154 hands in my PT database, sorry but no further reads.

I think checking turn or betting small to induce a shove seems good against an aggro opponent, since its pretty obv only a complete donk calls a shove with worse. Would check/fold to a shove against this seemingly passive opponent (small sample) be terrible though?

The big flop bet really caused me problems, I should have planned the hand better, instead of thinking "oh [censored] drawy board" and near potting it. His range would not contain many hands with lots of outs.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:34 PM

I don't think its thatt bad of a turn card. I can't really see a J being apart of his range unless he has exactly AsJs (u have Ad so cant be AdJd and does he really call a 3bet with AJo?) and now JJ is even less likely now. AQc is definitely possible but I think that would likely raise flop, though maybe not.

I figure his range to be: AK, AcQc, KK, AA and maybe AsJs &amp; QQ peeling flop.

Bet/fold? If we are behind, we are behind far enough to fold even getting odds. I have more reasoning for my line if it's necessary