Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2007, 02:48 AM

Default How bad did I play this?

Great 20 game. One total dope. I couple lesser idiots; most of the rest are loose passive plus two good players, one who is the villain in this hand and in the small blind.

I raise AQo utg, most of the table calls including both blinds. Six of us see the flop.

Flop AQ6 two diamonds. I have the ace of diamonds.

I bet, loose MP raises, two calls, I three bet, loose MP caps all in, all call. 4 players to the turn (including all in player). All in player is yakking to his buddy how he likes his hand and there can’t be that many aces...

Turn 5 not a diamond. I lead, 1 fold, SB now check raises, I three bet intending to take a free showdown unimproved.

River 5 diamonds. SB bets. I know I’m cooked one way or the other.

Results in white.

<font color="white"> SB had 66
</font>
Old 08-17-2007, 03:07 AM

Default Re: How bad did I play this?

Tricky and risky play by the small blind. I think you could't have played the hand any better. I like the 3-bet on the turn if he is making some kind of strange play with his flush draw, he must pay the price.

The bet on the river of the small blind is kinda strange. Why bet out if you have been the agressor allmost the whole hand??? He is hoping to trap you in raising! You are beat and just call. I like it! Well done.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:38 AM

I don't get the idea of 3 betting for a free showdown, it seems to me if you can 3 bet the turn you should bet the river. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

You're screwed on the river but can't fold in a pot of this size. Why post results?
Old 08-17-2007, 06:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I three bet intending to take SB to valuetown

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP

as played, when SB leads river, calling is fine

raising for a free showdown on the turn makes no sense at all
Old 08-17-2007, 06:52 AM

a good player would be crazy to semi-bluff this turn after the flop action so i would just call down the turn c/r expecting to lose to 66 but hopefully chop with AQ. 3-betting the turn for a free showdown makes no sense, if you're going to 3-bet here it should be with the intention of betting the river. if you don't think your hand is good enough to 3-bet the turn and bet the river, call down.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:02 AM

I don't like 3 betting his CR at all. Just call down.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:30 AM

If you only want three bets to go in on the big streets, just call down. Free showdowning makes no sense. Whether I threebet at all depends on exactly how aggro villain is, how i feel at the table, etc. Usually i'll just call down.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a good player would be crazy to semi-bluff this turn after the flop action so i would just call down the turn c/r expecting to lose to 66 but hopefully chop with AQ. 3-betting the turn for a free showdown makes no sense, if you're going to 3-bet here it should be with the intention of betting the river. if you don't think your hand is good enough to 3-bet the turn and bet the river, call down.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly.

as played i fold the river.