Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 06:19 PM

Default How to Dominate

39 pages in (10%). So far, I am told:

1) to usually not raise AK in EP,
2) to normally fold 99-22 unless 6 or more players will see the flop
3) that preflop, AKs is 22% to make a flush by the river.

I enjoy the colorful stories, but some of this advice and math is way off base, which casts serious doubt on whatever else the author is trying to tell me. Further, no context is given for the advice re: stack sizes.

I purchased this book based on some of the good reviews on this forum, but based on the first 10% of the book, buyer's remorse is setting in. Hopefully, the advice and the math get better over the last 90%.

I will post more later.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:31 PM

Default Re: How to Dominate

What I've heard from reading other reviews is that the first part of the book talks about a very very basic way to play or perhaps "how other players are thinking", but then in the second half of the book it tells you how to crush people playing the way the first half discusses.

I cannot find this book in my area and want it badly. My local borders cannot even find it in their computer. I was very surprised to see the Sit n Go book and PNL v.1 on the shelves so quickly while this book released in May is still not available.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:33 PM

Jump directly to the dominator section (page 225 or something like that). The rest of the book is geared at first time players.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:56 AM

Yeah, the good stuff starts then. The goos news is it goes on for over a hundred pages.

Plus, the stories along the way are fun.

You're not likely to see How To Dominate in stores. AuthorHouse is a vanity press. That means Sam paid out of pocket to have all those books printed. A few copies make their way to on-line retailers, but it's doubtful that you'll ever see any in stores.

Too bad, too. It's a worthwhile read. I'll definitely pick up his next book.