Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 02:04 PM

Default Evan Almighty - Is it a sequel?

I ask because some people are calling it a sequel but it doesn't really follow on from Bruce Almighty. My 3 favorite parts: (1) The first time the birds are following him and he's running into the Congress building away from them was funny (2) When everyone on the ark thinks it's going to crash into the bridge but a big wave sends them the other way was scary (3) The brilliant part was when he offered the racoons a drink and they all sat on the plank sharing the lemonade! It's easy to say this is a sequel because it has the word Almighty and from the same team but the question I'm asking is is it really?

In conclusion - The film was GREAT. 7/10
Old 08-14-2007, 02:07 PM

Default Re: Evan Almighty - Is it a sequel?

You owe me 15 seconds.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:10 PM

it is a sequel
Old 08-14-2007, 02:26 PM

Did you watch the first movie? Did you notice that Evan was in it? What do you call movies with the same characters played by the same actors as a previous movie and take place in the same make believe "movie land" only at a little bit later in time?

There was some funny stuff in it, but I'm surprised it didn't piss off the religious right more since it basically makes God a building inspector.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:45 PM

Haven't seen the "sequel," but the Evan character is a TV newscaster in the first one and a senator in the second? Do they explain this?
Old 08-14-2007, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Haven't seen the "sequel," but the Evan character is a TV newscaster in the first one and a senator in the second? Do they explain this?

[/ QUOTE ]Yes. After the first movie, there was a law passed that allowed former newscasters to hold public office.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised it didn't piss off the religious right more since they hate black people

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't seen the movie, and even though I like Steve Carrell, I have no real desire to. I'm still undecided on the prospect of the Get Smart movie though, I think I'll check that one out and be disappointed.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:36 PM

WOW, I REALLY HATED THIS MOVIE. I HATED IT SO MUCH THAT I'M TYPING IN ALL CAPS. IF IT'S NOT A SEQUEL, THEN WHAT WOULD YOU CALL IT? WOW, I'M REALLY TRYING TO RESPECT YOUR OPINION, BUT JESUS THAT MOVIE WAS THE WORST I'VE SEEN IN YEARS--WORSE THAN "HOWARD THE DUCK."
Old 08-14-2007, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WOW, I REALLY HATED THIS MOVIE. I HATED IT SO MUCH THAT I'M TYPING IN ALL CAPS. IF IT'S NOT A SEQUEL, THEN WHAT WOULD YOU CALL IT? WOW, I'M REALLY TRYING TO RESPECT YOUR OPINION, BUT JESUS THAT MOVIE WAS THE WORST I'VE SEEN IN YEARS--WORSE THAN "HOWARD THE DUCK."

[/ QUOTE ]

howard the duck rules.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

howard the duck rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the description on "Free Movies On Demand," ruled, but the movie was really hard to get through. The description was like "A cigar chomping, beer drinking duck that teleports off his planet into our world." And I was like "WOW, what an idea." But it was pretty bad.