Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 10:11 AM

Default NL50 AA in BvB situation

should i keep betting the turn, or valuebet the river? i feel like the checkdown was too nitty

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($8.50)
Button ($49.25)
SB ($82.90)
Hero ($57.25)
UTG ($92.95)
MP ($29.25)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, SB calls $3.

Flop: ($8) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $15</font>, SB calls $10.

Turn: ($38) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($38) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $38
Old 08-08-2007, 10:20 AM

Default Re: NL50 AA in BvB situation

Any stats on the villain? This looks like AQ or KK. He is not checking the turn with AKo or any set but he might be with AK(spades). I bet the turn and see how he reacts. If he calls the turn maybe check the river but I think we will be losing value from AQ and KK.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any stats on the villain? This looks like AQ or KK. He is not checking the turn with AKo or any set but he might be with AK(spades). I bet the turn and see how he reacts. If he calls the turn maybe check the river but I think we will be losing value from AQ and KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think villain has either of those hands, but I do agree that you are missing value by not betting turn or river. I think checking the turn is fine, but at least b/f the river.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:42 PM

I think you have to bet the turn -- draws and good one pair hands abound. I think anything that beat you would have rr flop.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:49 PM

I want at least one more street of value here. When you raise that flop, you are commiting yourself to this hand and should be getting AI on that turn.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:03 PM

Yeah ... turn is a def bet. Don't think he's got AK here a lot, probably going to see KQ types of hands and you don't want to give a free card on the river because nothing can make you feel better about your hand except a non-spade 7, MAYBE a non-spade ten.