Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 10:11 PM

Default I just cant stand losing, I go crazy

In general I cant stand losing, I reall really hate to lose. When i was a little kid i would destroy stuff and go apeshit when i lost at a game or whatever it was, family games, the smallest things.

I had a strategy computer game a while ago. Basicly you battle someone else online for like 20-40 minutes and the most most skilled and experienced player would win. At first i was playing for fun, but i didnt have to do much so i started playing more. and soon i was starting a game and when i was about to lose i would go apeshit, and lose the game anyway, and then destroy stuff and get really angry.

I removed the game, because if your not playing for fun, why waste time?

Basicly this not being able to deal with losing stands in the way to progress at anything, because well, you gotta lose to learn..

With that computer game, I basicly was afraid to play better players because i just didnt want to lose..

How do you deal with this ? :S

I guess i have to see things more the way they are..
Old 08-05-2007, 10:57 PM

Default Re: I just cant stand losing, I go crazy

The key is in acknowledging that the consequences of losing in a majority of cases are not major.

Then there are also issues of self-confidence and understanding what was in your power and what wasn't.

I doubt I'm any better, I'm just a step more advanced than you are because I just tell myself "well, it's ok, I'm better anyway"
Old 08-06-2007, 02:21 AM

Play 2-d fighting video games, at least you can button mash your way to victory in those [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2007, 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Play 2-d fighting video games, at least you can button mash your way to victory in those [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in Street Fighter 2!
Old 08-06-2007, 12:34 PM

get counterstrike. anytime im steaming i just hop on there and start blowing away faces. instant satisfaction, even if you arnt dominating.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha
Old 08-07-2007, 06:02 PM

I would say im also a bad loser, but im not afraid to play someone better than me, im the opposite. If I play someone I expect to beat and lose it hurts me, but if im playing someone who is better than I can only learn. There is no disgrace is losing as long as you learn from your mistakes
Old 08-07-2007, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha

[/ QUOTE ]

Can we ban this fool please. this is one of his best postings iv read.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:42 PM

I have bad rage issues and also hate to lose. I find that right of the moment of getting really pissed and losing it, it helps to think of things that you have or things that make you smile like your $1000 im guessing that you play your game on or the first time you get a Bj...not kidding
Old 08-09-2007, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have bad rage issues and also hate to lose. I find that right of the moment of getting really pissed and losing it, it helps to think of things that you have or things that make you smile like your $1000 im guessing that you play your game on or the first time you get a Bj...not kidding

[/ QUOTE ]

but we pple with bad rages usually cool down pretty fast. usually i can continue playing pretty soon since i will be calm.. Sometimes not tho when its really bad. I can blow up fast but can cool down fast too.