Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 06:36 AM

Default 2 Hands from The Borgata

2 Hands from 40-80 6 handed at the Borg...

Hand #1
Playing 40-80 6 handed at the Borg... pretty aggressive game. CO is very aggressive player pre-flop and post-flop but is capable of making folds when he knows he's beaten. BB is tight pro, who I was surprised called in the first place... I have a pretty good image and have been running pretty well.

CO open raises, I 3-bet A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the button, and the BB calls 2 cold. CO calls. Flop comes 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. They both check to me, I bet and they both call. Turn comes T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. They both check to me again and I check behind (debatable?). River comes 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and they both check to me again... Fire or check behind?

Hand #2

I am fairly new to the session at this point... CO from Hand #1 above is now UTG and raises. I 3-bet J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] UTG+1. BB is a different pro from above and calls 2 bets cold, but he is a winning player as well. UTG calls. Flop comes K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. They check to me and I bet, BB check raises and UTG 3-bets... and I fold. Standard?

Thanks for the replies...
Old 08-07-2007, 07:17 AM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?
Default Re: 2 Hands from The Borgata

I'd pause and then fire the turn in hand 1. Yes you have to call a checkraise but how awesome will it be to get a call from the K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and a fold from some hand you beat? I don't think there's value in a river bet. It would be nice to fold AK but it's a pretty hard sell at this point.

Hand 2 is standard. Good for them if they had A9/TT or whatever.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:25 AM

hand 1: once you check turn, betting the blank river is not an option

you have showdown value, allthough you will be behind almost always, you will never make a better hand fold, so ez check

hand 2: ez fold bc you have 2 opponents on a dry board with huge rio
Old 08-07-2007, 09:43 AM

Hand 1 is a definite check. I would call you with any pair here. I also would have bet the turn.

Hand 2: Fine
Old 08-07-2007, 09:58 AM

#1: Check the river because will only fold out hands that you are beating.
#2: Fold away
Old 08-07-2007, 11:40 AM

Hand #1: Check the river. Unless they're totally clueless they know what you have.
Hand #2: Easy fold.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:45 AM

echo above
Old 08-07-2007, 01:15 PM

the second hand: i don't think the K plays a 3 bet with position with EP showing strengh. i make this play often knowing the EP might be check-raise stealing.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:43 PM

I agree with everyone here about hand one that you can't bet the river but you know that.

Hand 2 is really interesting and I'm surprised only one person has said anything other than fold. Maybe it's because I know the players in question but I don't think it's an auto-fold. The game is super-aggro. Furthermore you should be much more concerned about BB's range rather than utg's.

BB's range is probably made up of TT+/AQo, maybe AQs/AK
UTG's range is more than likely all that and more as he's opening the pot. This can include hands like QJ/J10/910s/A9/K9s etc.

Also as has been pointed out, how many people in live games c/3-bet the flop when they flop blatant open trips.

I'm between capping and folding. A cap may get TT/JJ/QQ/AQ/QJs? to fold and then you can play the hand heads up in position. Also if they both call the 3-bet you can easily reevaluate on the turn.

However despite all this I don't mind a fold, there maybe a collective 9 outs between them and you probably don't want to get involved in a guessing game in a super aggro tough table.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:36 PM

Hand # 1 I bet the turn, due to the gutshot and flush draws with possibility of the winning the hand right there. That point is not debatable, that point was your error of not being aggressive enough with the draws you had. Once it was checked to you on the river, I take my chances of having the high cards prevail with no further cost.

Hand number two I fold since the three bet after the check raise signifies to me that at least one other player has at least QQ, AA, 99 or the dreaded King, and they want to build the pot in an aggressive game like this. Also a pro who cold called two bets pre-flop is not a good sign when he either check raised or three bet on the flop. Although I might call the raises at that point for the miracle card of the J on the turn due to the implied odds of winning mucho big bets if you do catch your card. I would have to know the players here to make that call. If its jkamowitz I call.