Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 01:55 PM

Default Unable to win 25NL

Hey all, i used to multitable 25NL on party (shootin fish in a barrel), but for some reason i cant win them on stars (over 30k hands, -$400). Multitabling 50NL,100NL i can however (not sure how much im up but very profitable over 30k+ hands). Any ideas why? Sample size way too small? I've never run this poorly for so long.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Unable to win 25NL

You certainly can run this poor for this long. You could also try reducing your number of tables so you can focus on your game more.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You certainly can run this poor for this long. You could also try reducing your number of tables so you can focus on your game more.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are also different games. The players are weaker and play differently at 25Nl than they do at 100NL. I would argue that there is a different way to beat 100NL and 25NL respectively. You have to attack weakness at 25NL, raise limpers in position and take down a lot of small pots with c-bets. Like above you could just be running bad tho.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:10 PM

I guess the answer is don't bother. If you are "very profitable" at 50 and 100NL, you shouldn't waste your time. Although, I think its clearly a different game down at 25NL. I win at both 50NL and 25NL, but make more $/hr at 25NL so I spend most of my time down there...There is definitely several adjustments needed between these 2 relatively low levels.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:15 PM

Don't sweat it, I played 20K at nl25 a few months back and came out $5 ahead.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They are also different games. The players are weaker and play differently at 25Nl than they do at 100NL. I would argue that there is a different way to beat 100NL and 25NL respectively. You have to attack weakness at 25NL, raise limpers in position and take down a lot of small pots with c-bets. Like above you could just be running bad tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really, I found bluffs pointless at this level. I moved thru it fast playing ABC getting a lot of it in preflop and set mining. Played my pair hands straight up and cbet a lot less. Stop giving the players at this level credit, and play straight up.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:51 PM

It's possible you can run bad for that long, but if you're down 16 buy-ins, you most likely aren't playing correctly.

Most likely you give them too much credit for thinking or playing decently or are playing too fancy against people who don't know the difference..

Or perhaps you believe you are so much better than everyone else that you play more recklessly.

It's also possible that your style just clashes with the basic style at that level.

It is a bit strange, because I never thought there was all that much difference from 25 to 50 NL.

I don't know, but you might want to go through your PT database and make sure you are really being unlucky and not that you are playing badly.

Or you can just stop playing 25 NL like others have said. I personally like to be able to play well in any situation so it would bother me if I couldn't beat a certain level, but if you're just in it for the money, then just play where you are successful.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:57 PM

Stop playing so weak-tight and take advantage of all the donks. If you don't play pots with them they'll give their money to someone else.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really, I found bluffs pointless at this level. I moved thru it fast playing ABC getting a lot of it in preflop and set mining. Played my pair hands straight up and cbet a lot less. Stop giving the players at this level credit, and play straight up.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a difference between playing aggro and bluffing. Playing aggro during the "small" betting rounds (typically PF and on the Flop) has been very profitable for me. Use your pokertracker stats and you will know what players are the ones that you can attack. IMHO this is ABC poker.