Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 02:40 PM

Default I want to play poker after working all day....What chair do I want?

I never post here but apparently this is the place to do so for questions like the one I have. If that's wrong, sorry, please redirect this post to the proper forum.

Ok, this is the story. I am a HSNL player, I mainly play 10/20 - 25/50nl. I have always played poker on my laptop, and I've been in school for the last few years. When I play, I have a comfortable loveseat in my bedroom and a small table that I place my laptop on. I generally play lying across the loveseat sideways (ie, I like to be comfortable when I play).

Now, I just made the leap, and spent over 5k on a sick setup. I'm going to have a super slick dell xps desktop with a 30inch monitor and a 23inch monitor side by side. I have only ever played maximum 6 tables on my laptop so hopefully with this new system I can up it to 8 tables, maybe even 10 if I can get practiced with it.

Anyways, to make a long story short the desktop/monitor setup will be at my desk, and I want a super comfortable chair that I can relax in and play poker.

I am starting my new job this fall so I imagine I'll be spending like 10 hours a day in an Aeron chair (don't ask me why I worked instead of poker, you can search for an old post of mine on that), so I don't know if I want to do that when I come home to relax and play or on the weekends when I want to put in a session.

Can anyone recommend the best chair possible for the above-described scenario where I want the best/most comfortable chair for relaxing at a desk.

Maybe an Aeron or Liberty chair is the best, but I'm not sure that's best given that I will have just come home from sitting in a chair like that and I might want something a bit more comfortable. Any advice? I guess my range is in the 1kish area, but if something is really great that's higher, I might pick that.

Thanks,
dlpnyc21
Old 08-08-2007, 02:44 PM

Default Re: I want to play poker after working all day....What chair do I want?

[ QUOTE ]
Any advice?

[/ QUOTE ]
Go sit in some chairs. Seriously, one man's throne is another man's cement slab. You need to try them out and see which one's are the most comfortable for you.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:48 PM

Default Re: I want to play poker after working all day....What chair do I want

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Any advice?

[/ QUOTE ]
Go sit in some chairs. Seriously, one man's throne is another man's cement slab. You need to try them out and see which one's are the most comfortable for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, but do you think having a office desk chair is the way to go or get something more comfortable? I don't even know what I'm looking for, really, just wanted some suggestions so I could go look at some different types of chairs.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:17 PM

i've also heard "zero-gravity" chairs are really good, would anyone consider one of those or have any experience with them?
dlpnyc21

http://www.vitalityweb.com/backstore...-chair-new.htm
Old 08-08-2007, 04:03 PM

In my old place I had a lazy-boy recliner under an adjustable height table. Probably most comfortable I've ever been. I had a dual monitor set-up going too. Moused on a coffee-table book wrapped in a small blanket -- was easy for the optical mouse to catch movement. Put it in my lap, which is much easier than having your hand out to the side for hours on end. It let my hand just drop naturally in front.

If I wanted to sit up, I sat up, and had any degree of movement to almost 180 degrees backward I wanted. Also could put my feet out from the recliner, which was soo comfortable. Only problem, if any, is falling asleep. But basically zero back pain, or even discomfort, ever.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:38 PM

Baller Chair

I mean if you are going to do it up big with the computer setup, might as well do it up with the chair too, right?
Old 08-08-2007, 05:20 PM

how much does your new job pay?
Old 08-08-2007, 07:00 PM

a[ QUOTE ]
how much does your new job pay?

[/ QUOTE ]

don't want to say, but suffice it to say i made a lot from poker this year and i'm doing this new job instead. also, i turned down a 200k/year job as a lawyer because this other job is more interesting to me...
Old 08-08-2007, 07:01 PM

Old 08-08-2007, 07:03 PM

i've always wanted that chair (i love massages) but i think that one might be too large for a normal sized desk in my bedroom and would look too awkward.

if i have another good month at poker (unlikely this month, lol) i'll look into that one for my living room.