Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 04:35 PM

Default Out donked? (razz)

Was he right in calling me down even though i was obviously representing an 8 and he obviously was on a draw

Razz ($0.25/$0.50), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.10 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.20 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds

4th Street - (4.60 SB)

Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (3.80 BB)

Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

6th Street - (5.80 BB)

Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

River - (7.80 BB)

Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___calls

Total pot: (9.80 BB - $4.90)
Old 08-05-2007, 05:03 PM

Default Re: Out donked? (razz)

It is borderline call the whole way for the villian. Assuming two cards 6 or smaller under, He is 25% to win on 5th getting 4.8 to 1. On 6th he has 15% equity getting 6.8 to 1.
Old 08-05-2007, 05:06 PM

4th street he should have folded, but he's getting good enough odds on the later streets even if he knew you had what you were representing. If he knows you well enough to know you don't always have the goods, his calls are even more correct.
Old 08-05-2007, 05:27 PM

actually I ran a sims and if the person with 8t has two cards 7 or lower under, 2j (villian) has 21.7% pot equity, surprisingly enough to call
Old 08-05-2007, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
actually I ran a sims and if the person with 8t has two cards 7 or lower under, 2j (villian) has 21.7% pot equity, surprisingly enough to call

[/ QUOTE ]
It's enough if calling puts him all-in on 4th, but since he's going to have to call big bets on the later streets to see a showdown, his hand isn't as good as his immediate odds indicate.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:33 PM

Heh, I thought this might have been me, because I've played with you quite a bit, and I just started playing this week, and I've done some really bone-headed stuff. But I checked my records, and nope, I screwed someone else (cancerman) over in a very similar way.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Was he right in calling me down even though i was obviously representing an 8 and he obviously was on a draw

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have three wheel cards in the hole the odds of making a five card 7 in seven cards is about 2 to 1. A lot of players will call all the way unless it becomes impossible for them to hit or obvious they are beaten because they pretty much always have the pot odds. You can't fold after JJ because you only have those odds on 3rd st by seeing all four of the undealt cards.

I'm not promoting it, I just know some do it.

I presume the odds favored him and he made the 7?