Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 04:04 AM

Default errrm

not much in the way of reads on either of them, as I've only got a few orbits and nothing has really happened

PokerStars $0.10/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em - 5 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

CO: $25.35
Button: $30.95
SB: $83.15
BB: $23.10
UTG: $50.25

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#FF0000">UTG raises to $1.25</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $1.25, SB calls $1.15, BB folds.

Flop: ($4.00) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">SB bets $0.75</font>, UTG calls $0.75, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $2.50</font>, SB calls $1.75, UTG folds.

Turn: ($9.75) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">SB bets $0.75</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $5</font>, SB calls $4.25.

River: ($19.75) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets $6.75</font>

???
Old 08-03-2007, 04:22 AM

Default Re: errrm

Every raise you made strikes me as too small. Once that turn card hits you want your stack in so raise the turn to 13 and shove river. I think I like raising the flop but would raise it more, I can see arguments for just calling though.

-DeathDonkey
Old 08-03-2007, 06:09 AM

I'd raise bigger everywhere. $5 on the flop, $10 on the turn, so you can shove your stack in on the river. You want to get all your money in on this hand, you have to make it happen yourself.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:25 AM

You are giving too good odds on the flop and turn for them to outdraw you, full pot at the flop perhaps 2/3 pot at the turn.

At the flop your concern is also to find out if you are up against something like AJs and you do not get that info by betting so that draws also get good odds. If the villain still calls your bigger bet on the flop you would slow down, unless the turn is a good card like a K. Then it is time to try to get villains full stack in. If you raise small at the flop you suddenly would have to worry about a QT, but not if you raise big.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:46 AM

as played:

fold preflop to an early raiser - KJ is win a little lose a lot cards. Fine to raise with late if no one or just limpers in front.

bet 80-100 percent of pot on both 3rd and 4th streets. This size gives him poor drawing odds but may still keep a drawer in (that's what you want, mkay?)

river: He's mostly behind and he'd be a fool to call. If he's ahead, you just donated. Just call isn't terrible, as you're not likely to extract much if ahead, and a raise exposes you.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:30 AM

bet more everywhere , other than its find pf is OK
Old 08-03-2007, 11:47 AM

Don't be afraid to bet your monsters. Turn and river should have been a feeding frenzy, not a dieter's special.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:17 PM

Value betting is so important in NL. Both knowing when to value bet and how much to value bet. In this hand, you left way too much money on the table.

It looks like you are much to concerned with scaring away the action, so you bet small to keep your customer. The problem is, that 0.75 turn bet is either an idiotic bluff, in which case he will fold to any raise, or its a hand he thinks has value. Its better to assume he has the latter because thats the hand you will win money from.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:48 PM

Agree with everyone.

I think the flop is the worst part. Don't size your bets based on your opponent's bets, size them based on the pot. Flop raise should be $5 or there abouts.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:13 PM

This:

[ QUOTE ]
Don't be afraid to bet your monsters. Turn and river should have been a feeding frenzy, not a dieter's special.

[/ QUOTE ]

and this:

[ QUOTE ]
It looks like you are much to concerned with scaring away the action, so you bet small to keep your customer. The problem is, that 0.75 turn bet is either an idiotic bluff, in which case he will fold to any raise, or its a hand he thinks has value. Its better to assume he has the latter because thats the hand you will win money from.

[/ QUOTE ]

remind me of this: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0#Post5715248

which I assume is probably applicable for a lot of noobs like myself.