Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 05:10 AM

Default 3rd pair river 3 way

Poster is 50/13/.75/119, have a note he coldcalled 2 on Kxx with QJ high. BB is 26/12/3/63 and possibly weak tight.

Full Tilt 5/10 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

River: (9.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>...
Old 08-03-2007, 05:54 AM

Default Re: 3rd pair river 3 way

My first thought was that your play makes sense figuring it was a "fold or raise spot". 2 things tho

- BB doesnt necessarily have 8x. He can easily have something like 65 and A3. I agree that you can fold his 8x but he doesnt have that hand always. In particular since he should be more inclined to bet/fold 8x and c/f 5x, 4x and 3x

- BB will be hard pressed to overcall his 8x if you just call. If I were villain with 87 I would strongly consider c/f'ing in that spot.

The more I think about the hand the more I like a call.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:27 AM

it s really depend on vilain.
my standard play is a call.if you think he can fold a better hand than yours....
Old 08-03-2007, 09:10 AM

I don't think you'd play anything like this for straight value so I wouldn't really believe you at all. But in the heat of the moment most people don't think about that and say "J8s no good GG" and chuck it.

Also I don't know why BB would check an 8 here but I guess some people might. I'm still not sure. 4-handed, you raising a poster and BB playing like this, I would honestly put him on A3/A5 most of the time.

Plus there's the UTG parlay to worry about.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:12 AM

*grunch*

Is this guy crazy enough to bet into an action hand with anything you beat here?? Im folding the river here, no need to get fancy but im new to 6max.

Edit: Am i lost here, how is this a raise in a 3 player spot? Some explanation would be nice.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Edit: Am i lost here, how is this a raise in a 3 player spot? Some explanation would be nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

The idea is to exploit situations when the player who bet is bluffing and the other guy has us beat but will fold to the raise.

I think it's too much to ask for in this particular situation but I suck at poker.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The idea is to exploit situations when the player who bet is bluffing and the other guy has us beat but will fold to the raise.

I think it's too much to ask for in this particular situation but I suck at poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get it, but i can't imagine this comes up a ton.....maybe at these stakes......again im a FR player getting into the game and only at 26/20/2.8 for stats....