Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 10:33 AM

Default cROUNDER.....(LC)

I Obviously dont want to get in the middle of Primes business here, but a far as i can see, no body ever really gave Him an oppertunity. since i started reading posts on this fourm, no matter what this kid has said he gets flamed for it. OBv the AIm stuff is a little over the top and i unerstand that you guys agreed that who ever won would ship the money. but i dont think it was particulary classy to Out him on this site. i dont think thats what this fourm should be used for. i dissagree that this was your only way to get him to respond. i havnt know the kid for a real long time but i have spoke with him enough to know that he is a decent guy. We all have our little stipulations, and superstitions as to how we want our online poker to be, his, while a little on the excessive side, are what they are. i think that constant pestering in a private matter would have been a better solution to Bashing him in the fourm like countless other people who visit this site, treating it like a wall of protection. at this point it seems that we all have lost sight of what this fourm was , and is intended for, to learn as much about this game we love, and get better.
im sure this will get many of you all over my ass, but i just dont think it should have been posted on this site as a resolution to what ever problem you might of had. there are better ways to treat people even if you feel that you are in the proccses of getting scamed.

anyway ill get back to loosing my ass...
Late
Old 08-14-2007, 11:14 AM

Default Re: cROUNDER.....(LC)

he's provoked enough people with his posts to get banned. I personally have been banned from two forums so if he wants to come back he can start up a new ID and rebuild people's confidence in him to get his old ID unbanned over time.

Also, Crounder committed the worst poker sin. He lied and said that he couldnt pay back a guy he owed money. Basically he and primo decided to chop and C refused to send the money to primo saying that pokerstars had "blocked him" for over a month. Basically he claimed that his brother was sneaking into his accout so he had pokerstars block it.....rather than just change the password??? Then after it was all over he teased primo about the $$ and woudnt pay....

Guys, not paying a poker debt is a huge sin in this game....I've never ripped anybody off and never will. If you tell somebody ur gonna pay, then [censored] pay and dont screw people. honor is all we have in this game.

Also, Crounder doesnt really post anything of value. So if he wants back in, let him work for it like I had to. My ID was banned for over 6 months in 2006 for trash talking and I learned some valuable life lessons through the process. Dont deny C to learn these lessons also.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:22 AM

If I had a problem with someone who didn't pay me what they owed I would tell everyone I knew and not feel at all bad that it wasn't "classy". Not paying your debts is what's not classy.

Plenty of deadbeats and scammers have been outed on 2+2. I appreciate it when I'm warned about shady people. If you ever get ripped off perhaps you'll feel differently.

I'm not going to "get over your ass" about your post. Maybe cRounder would have eventually shipped the $$$ to Primordial without being outed. But I think Primordial's actions were fine and if I were in that situation I would have done the same. I mean come on, cRounder threatened violence when asked to pay up.

Anyhow, we're all tired of it, should have posted your thoughts in the original thread, Leader's gonna lock this when he wakes up, etc. etc. etc. etc.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:24 AM

DW,

i [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] you for real but crounder's AIM chats with primo were pretty insano.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:35 PM

agreed if they are legit, then they are out of line. and i agree that not paying a debt is a the worst sin a poker player can make. but there are many variables that you must take into account. like i said what happend between them , really IMO, should have stayed between them. there also is a fourm in internet gambling that you can post this stuff, that has all the reported scammers in it. Obv in no way do i advocate stealing money. nor do i think the route that he took was the right one, my sole point , was to voice my opinion that i dont agree it should have went down the way it did. i have been scammed, for a sight better than 120 bucks in the past by some players that i staked, but i would have never, and still never will go public with who they are and what happend. all being said i mean no disrespect to Prime, or any of you have a problem with C.

I look at from the perspective of it was me, and for some reason i couldnt pay the money right away, obviously i would approach it differantly. but maybe he was ashamed that he didt have the cash. something of than nature. if it was me i would be pretty pissed off it became public. thats all. ill now remove my nose from yalls bussiness...

I still think he is a good guy,. im not saying that you guys should let him have his account back, but just maybe in the future keep that stuff private, and at worst maybe just pm people that you know, and let them know what happend....Just my opinion.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I look at from the perspective of it was me, and for some reason i couldnt pay the money right away, obviously i would approach it differantly. but maybe he was ashamed that he didt have the cash. something of than nature.

[/ QUOTE ]

But that's not what happened. He won the tourney, so he def had the money to split. Wasn't his excuse something ridiculous like he wanted to see 6k in his account? Paying your debts should come first. If it was you, you would have paid what you owed rather than stall and threaten and bluster.

[ QUOTE ]
i have been scammed, for a sight better than 120 bucks in the past by some players that i staked, but i would have never, and still never will go public with who they are and what happend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not? Do you feel like if you keep quiet they will eventually pay you back? Or is it more of a "Lend Money to a Friend, Get One Back" situation?

Keeping quiet only protects the scammer.

I appreciate your sense of rectitude and discretion, but it sounds like you are just getting taken advantage of.

About your point regarding whether it should have been posted here vs some other subforum, I'm pretty freespirited about that myself. I understand why it was posted here. You yourself started this non-strategy thread.

You sound like a good guy, but your sympathy is misplaced IMO.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:10 PM

its a 2+2 tradition to out these kind of guys. Every forum does it. Also, Crounder is not a "bad guy." He's just an immature kid who is trolling and spending time trash talking and screwing people rather than adding value to the forum. I'm sure that he will learn the same hard lessons that I had to learn on 2+2 and at some point he will realize that the cards are the priority on this site and not badmouthing....Its in his own best interest to get banned and to grow up a little.

On a side note, last night Crounder sat with Primo in a game and tried to convince him to chop again because "he had a ride waiting outside and had to go." Primo said no and they played it out and Crounder drew out like 44444 times to win and guess what....about 10 minutes later he AIMs me to brag about the win....But I thought he had a ride outside and he had to go????

He needs to grow up and 2+2's unforgiving attitude is a great tool to teach him to mature a little.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On a side note, last night Crounder sat with Primo in a game and tried to convince him to chop again because "he had a ride waiting outside and had to go." Primo said no and they played it out and Crounder drew out like 44444 times to win and guess what....about 10 minutes later he AIMs me to brag about the win....But I thought he had a ride outside and he had to go????

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...this has to be a joke
Old 08-14-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...this has to be a joke

[/ QUOTE ]

its not a joke, i witnessed it and would not make up such a lie about a guy...
Old 08-14-2007, 01:20 PM

lol i know...it's just so absurd that he would do that at this point
Closed Thread