Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 01:43 AM

Default 100NL - 3bet pot turn decision

dude is 20/18/3 over 100 hands. Haven't played a 3bet pot against him before. I basically just want to know if this is a good place to shove, get him off QQ/JJ, or whether he calls with a K enough to make this a stupid play

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $174.09
BB: $96.40
UTG: $27.56
CO: $100.00
Hero (BTN): $100.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG calls $1.00, <font color="red">CO raises to $5.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $17.00</font>, 3 folds, CO calls $12.00

Flop: ($36.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $25.00</font>, CO calls $25.00

Turn: ($86.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
CO checks, Hero ???
Old 08-01-2007, 01:49 AM

Default Re: 100NL - 3bet pot turn decision

Check the turn. He's most likely felting his hand (which appears to be AK/KQ).
Old 08-01-2007, 01:54 AM

I think a good arugment could be made here for both checking and betting. I think you have some FE here.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:56 AM

I like a bet here,i think this is 1010-qq enough to make profitable, and god forbid its a regular this will be great for ur image vrs him so long as you use it to get paid off later om
Old 08-01-2007, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a good arugment could be made here for both checking and betting. I think you have some FE here.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like a bet here,i think this is 1010-qq enough to make profitable, and god forbid its a regular this will be great for ur image vrs him so long as you use it to get paid off later om

[/ QUOTE ]

I think these two pretty much hit it on the head here, there are merits to either direction, though I would def. have to weight this hand towards checking if this is the first 3-bet pot vs. villain and he knows you know he is a regular.

Metagame issues may come into play here, but how often do we really play with the same regs. at this level if they are decent??

Generally we are all trying to stay out of each others way and find easy table with plenty of fish, so the value of stacking off here in this pot is diminished I think.

I also think, if this guy is decent he is stacking off with Top pair here, because TP is teh nuts in 3-bet pots(at least to most villains here), so I think our fold equity is less then you might think. No way AK folds this, and I would doubt that KQ does either.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:32 AM

id bet a little more on the flop to deter smaller big pairs from peeling, you're image is pretty tight i think and you havent played a three bet pot yet so you'll have some fold equity there. then when he calls you can narrow his range down a little and feel more comfortable taking the free cards and getting paid on the river when you hit.