Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2006, 05:59 PM

Default Cant win

Hello,

Ive been playing online poker for about a year now. Ive played at party poker, and the gaming club. On both sites i just cant seem to win. Ive deposited over $2500 in total, and have lost it all. I keep depositing and making multiple deposits in a day but i end up losing it. I play a loose/aggresive game usually. I know how to play 'properly' selective/aggressive but it just gets boring, or I dont get any good cards for an hour so i start playing suited connectors, any two suited cards, and when im on tilt i play with any two cards. Ive read supersystem 1/2, the little green book, and the book of bluffs. I cant seem to formulate a winning stratagey. I think I have to tighten up my game and really cut the fat out of my hands, and stop calling/raising loosely.I try and play tight/aggressive but i stop when im losing, or i just loosen up my requirements. Anyone have any suggestions thank you for taking the time to read this and anyfeedback is greatly appreciated.
Old 02-25-2006, 06:27 PM

Default Re: Cant win

What game and limit you are playing?

For one thing read The Theory of Poker, this applies to any game and any limit. Once you answer my first question I can reccommend some more books(check out books/publications forum for more on this)

As far as tilt goes, you either need to find a way to control your emotions, or just leave the table when you feel you are about to start playing badly. I realize that it gets frustrating to not be dealt a playable hand for a long stretch but this is something you will have to deal with. You can't expect to win if you are not patient. Most players will tell you that you should never be bored at a poker table. During the time that you are not in a hand, you should be observing opponents, figuring out how they play, so you can exploit their tendencies when you get involved in a hand with them.
Old 02-25-2006, 06:31 PM

i usually play 1/2 NL. I looked at the theory of poker, but its more for limit holdem. Supersystem suggest a loose/aggresive stlye for NL, and the little green book really isnt clear in pre-flop hand selection. So you reccomenned playing tight?
Old 02-25-2006, 06:36 PM

Even if you deposited this $2500 as 1 lump sum-you are severely underolled for 1/2 no limit
Old 02-25-2006, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i usually play 1/2 NL. I looked at the theory of poker, but its more for limit holdem. Supersystem suggest a loose/aggresive stlye for NL, and the little green book really isnt clear in pre-flop hand selection. So you reccomenned playing tight?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not for limit poker. Its called The Theory of Poker, its concepts apply to all games and limits. Definately read it.
Old 02-25-2006, 06:51 PM

Thanks for your replies. I will look at the theory of poker any other suggestions
Old 02-25-2006, 07:09 PM

Yes, learn bankroll management and grind a little $25NL before you drown.
Old 02-25-2006, 07:12 PM

thanks
Old 02-25-2006, 08:07 PM

Read Harrington on Hold em Vol. 1. Super System is a dangerous book to go by if you don't have alot of experience.
Old 02-25-2006, 08:55 PM

Whats your SN and where do you play? Better yet, just deposit straight into my account. Thanks.