Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2007, 09:16 PM

Default Flushdraw HU on the turn.

Our not so intrepid villain is 54/4/0.2 over 22 hands.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero...
Old 07-28-2007, 09:57 PM

Default Re: Flushdraw HU on the turn.

...checks.
take the free card. i used to bet these hands, but it's not worth it. you have no sd value (Q hign) and only one caller for flush draw - no value bet plus you cant semi-bluff a LPP.
check or fold the river UI.
that's how i think...
Old 07-28-2007, 10:25 PM

Take your free card. Villain seems stationesque and most likely won't fold anything that you beat. If UTG+1 actually owns a fold button, then I think it's closer.

And I fold preflop as well FWIW.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:25 PM

*Grunch*

It seems like winning this is almost entirely dependent on hitting the flush, you have 12 outs at best and are therefore far less than the &gt; 50% likely to win this pot you need to value bet. Take the free card and the river should play itself.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Take your free card. Villain seems stationesque and most likely won't fold anything that you beat. If UTG+1 actually owns a fold button, then I think it's closer.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, this is why I keep the Folds to Bet% by street on my HUD. There are a whole lot of low stakes fish at these stakes who'll peel almost any flop and then fold the turn UI. He won't fold a lot of things we'd like him to, but he might fold K high if he peeled w/ that, and he might fold undercards that we don't really want calling us, either. With this stat, we can see if he's a flop peeler and turn folder, or if he'll fold on the flop, but if he calls you, he's going to showdown.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and he might fold undercards that we don't really want calling us, either.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd love to have undercards call me, getting 4.5:1. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Overall, though, the pot is small, our hand sucks unless we hit our draw, we can easily fold to a river bet if we miss, but we have to call a turn c/r if it comes. All that leads me to check it through.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:08 AM

check please
Old 07-29-2007, 05:11 AM

Is there a question anywhere in our future.. lol
Old 07-29-2007, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

See, this is why I keep the Folds to Bet% by street on my HUD. There are a whole lot of low stakes fish at these stakes who'll peel almost any flop and then fold the turn UI. He won't fold a lot of things we'd like him to, but he might fold K high if he peeled w/ that, and he might fold undercards that we don't really want calling us, either. With this stat, we can see if he's a flop peeler and turn folder, or if he'll fold on the flop, but if he calls you, he's going to showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ty for the tip.