Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 01:46 PM

Default Ever have problems with Stubhub?

CLIFFS NOTES: Detailed bad beat story of StubHub jerking my chain. Is this standard for them?

My first StubHub experience is going HORRIBLY.

SATURDAY: All the good seats are gone. Find a pair of tickets I like for Saturday's game on StubHub. Click on it. Computer says, "Congrats, you just bought a pair of tickets."

TUESDAY MORNING: I'm loading my bags into the car for the day-long drive to Florida. Get email from StubHub that says, "Oops, the seller says he doesn't have those tickets any more. Call us, so we can find you a comparable or better pair."

TUESDAY AFTERNOON: I call. They offer good seats, but not the great seats I had "bought", or thought I had bought. No deal, I say. I point to another pair they have listed, which is almost identical to the one I want, but they're listed for about 60% more, so StubHub won't buy pay the difference.

I had already bragged about the luxury seats I had "locked up", so I told them that I'd buy the more expensive pair, if StubHub would waive their 10% fee. StubHub quickly assured me that they'd eat the 10%, and they'd also pay the FedEx (which is usually on the buyer).

I asked them to confirm that this seller actually HAD the tickets that he listed. StubHub put me on hold so that they could call the seller, but they could not reach him.

TUESDAY NIGHT: On the road to Florida. I call again. Seller is again out of reach.

WEDNESDAY MORNING: I reach my destination, and eagerly turn on a computer. No new email from StubHub. I go to their website, and the 60%-more tickets are still listed for sale!

I click on them, and the site goes down.

I call, and no one answers!!!

These [censored] are doing a great job of completely ruining my vacation.

The site comes back up, and now those tickets are NOT listed. Did somebody else buy them?

Site goes down again.

Still not answering the phone.

Is this SOP for this outfit?
Old 07-25-2007, 01:52 PM

Default Re: Ever have problems with Stubhub?

i got tickets to an indians-reds game at jacobs field without issue from stubhub.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:55 PM

wow, thats terrible

I used them once for NY Jets tickets and it was a smooth transaction. It was a very basic 2 months in advance crap seat purchase.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:57 PM

also,

i'm scratching my head at what you needed stubhubbing for tickets to a game in florida on saturday.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:13 PM

I've used stubhub 2 or 3 times with no troubles.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:35 PM

Once that happened to me - seller didn't have the seats I ordered. They gave me a better pair, that was selling for much more, for no extra charge.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:40 PM

ytf,

Did this happen to be going on when that pipe exploded in NYC? Apparently StubHub's office was right on that street and it messed a lot of stuff up.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:51 PM

I got my Final 4 tickets no problem through them...

So sorry, hope it turns out for the best.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:40 PM

Got a call two hours ago, saying this latest sale is confirmed, and the tickets are en route. I should expect an email confirming this in five minutes.

That was two hours ago.

I'm not going to believe this is a done deal until I get the tickets in hand.

[ QUOTE ]
i'm scratching my head at what you needed stubhubbing for tickets to a game in florida on saturday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yankees sold the place out last weekend, Saturday and Sunday. Red Sox come to town this weekend.

All the good seats are gone, according to the D-Rays' website.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:55 PM

I've done two transactions with mixed feelings. First one the seller never sent the tickets and it was a pain in the ass trying to find comparable tickets that they would sell me so I just got a refund. Second time it was pain trying to figure out where my tickets were a week after they were supposed to be sent. Then I got my tickets the next day in the mail. Go to the game and they scan the tickets and the lady says to go to will call. I'm thinking, great, I got fake tickets. After waiting at least ten minutes I get new tickets for a completely different section. Our seats were 6 rows from the floor, so I guess it was worth the wait. Overall, not too happy with their system/service.