Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 05:25 PM

Default Playing maniacs on the river.

Villain is 87/42/1.9 WSD: 0.67

Just some hands where I and my reviewpartner couldn't agree.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (24 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 27 BB
Old 07-26-2007, 05:31 PM

Default Re: Playing maniacs on the river.

I don't think care for the 3-bet on the flop and would probably have b/c the river. There are hundreds of hands he could be playing this way that don't involve an 8, 5, J, or 9.

When there is no differen in someone's play when they have the nuts and when they have nothing you need to give the 6th nuts more credit and extract some value.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:34 PM

I would c/r the flop and call a 3bet since it seems everyone is comming along.

The turn I would do whatever I could to get as much in as possible. Which you did fine.

River I would bet/call. I think we are still ahead of him and I want to get a bit more value out. SB tagging along doesn't hurt either.

I don't have exact reasoning for my actions it just feels like the right thing to do [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2007, 05:38 PM

I'm not scared of the raiser, he could have toppair to cap it the whole way, I'm scared of the third guy. Is he doing some really fantastic slowplay here?
Old 07-26-2007, 05:41 PM

fold pf. K2s is a marginal hand anyway, and it's not like you're getting a lot of free or cheap cards. (it's close getting 7:1 and all, but i'd wait for a little bit better hand.)

checking the river is pretty pathetic.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:44 PM

Meh - I'm ok w/ jamming the flop here CO and the maniac have alreday put money in and will likely stay in. Against 2 opponents our fair share is 33% and our 2nd nut flush will come in around 36% so its close but I think jamming is ok.

When the board pairs on the river I'm going b/c
Old 07-26-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fold pf. K2s is a marginal hand anyway, and it's not like you're getting a lot of free or cheap cards. (it's close getting 7:1 and all, but i'd wait for a little bit better hand.)

checking the river is pretty pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I thougth it pathetic too when I reviewed.
But preflop, do I need 7 to 1 to call here with any suited?
Old 07-26-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would c/r the flop and call a 3bet since it seems everyone is comming along.

I don't have exact reasoning for my actions it just feels like the right thing to do [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about the check-raise. I'm in the middle but a check-raise might scare someone out. I would want people in, especially three people. If I bet then I can represent getting stubborn with something stupid when I raise again.