Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 06:23 PM

Default PS $22 PL O/8 MTT - FT bubble donkish bustout hand

Like 13 to go in a ~170-man $22....I have like t15,000 and we're 5-handed - blinds like t1600/800. Table has settled down a bit and it folds to me in LP with blinds behind and I see Q: [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] - realizing it's not the greatest hand by any means I decide that I've got some FE and can steal blinds here 9-handed + possibility of some aces still in the deck given 2 folds already = I raise the pot.

I think I know the answer (bad play with very marginal hand) and don't want to use results-oriented thinking but wondering if anyone ever pots it here in this situation as we're getting close to the FT and I have more fold equity (I think). Or if I just could have chosen a better spot. SB had like t55K and I figured he'd fold and I barely covered the BB. Maybe I've just been playing too much NL...23Q9ss seems pretty weak to be doing what I did...thx.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:55 PM

Default Re: PS $22 PL O/8 MTT - FT bubble donkish bustout hand

Boy tough one...I've played in a few of these MTTs and when you get to the money bubble or FT bubble the table is usually tight as hell...Since you are opening from the button I actually don't mind this play...The only thing that I mind is that the SB can pretty much put you all-in with a hand like A654 (which off the top of my head I'm guessing is roughly a coin flip with your hand) and not be hurt if he loses so that's the only concern...

I would like the hand much better if the 9 was some other card that was at least cooordinated with the others like a J, K, 6, etc...Since it's double sooted I think its playable for a raise...If you ran into AA, I think it's tough luck...

I don't think in this spot you can wait around all day for a super hand...

I might only question if the other stack sizes at the table were around what you had or less...Then I think you might be able to fold it and wait for one of them to bust...But I think that is a little weak...
Old 07-27-2007, 05:54 AM

This makes no sense, how could it possibly be 13 to go and 5 handed?
Old 07-27-2007, 08:35 AM

maybe it was 6 - i finished 11th so forgetting - bigstacked SB knocked me and BB out