Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 06:50 PM

Default Bankrollmanagement strategy for grinding your way up on limit Stars..

Hello,

I'm playing poker for about 7-8 months now and I currently play 0.25-0.50 limit holdem. I consider myself a winning player on that limit and I want to grind my way up. My current bankroll on Stars is about 320$ and I was planning to go to 0.50-1.00 when I reach 400$. I guess 400$ will be enough for 0.50-1.00. (?)

But how about the rest of the trip..? I would appreciate it if anyone could help me to create a perfectly safe bankrollmanagament strategy for grinding through 0.25-0.50 till say....50-100 and up.

Thanks in advance
Old 07-25-2007, 07:00 PM

Default Re: Bankrollmanagement strategy for grinding your way up on limit Stars..

dude, get a real job and make real money. Then try playing 5-10 when you can afford it. Grinding from .5 1 is silly imo.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:02 PM

Default Re: Bankrollmanagement strategy for grinding your way up on limit Stars..

khalyn, lol?

euro, it depends how much risk you're willing to take. 300 bb is usually a good amount to have for each level, so if you drop down to 150 bets, then move down a level and start over.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:06 PM

Get poker tracker, so that you know for sure you're a winning player.

Second, it seems the most I've seen people lean towards, having 500xBB, as a way to avoid busting due to variance.

Third, do not follow other posters advice, just because you get a job and might have money for 5-10 will not mean you will just become an instant success. You need to beat each limit before you go on (while you can skip limits here and there, no one goes i'm good at .25-.50 so i'll be good at 10-20).

Fourth, have patience, building a bankroll takes time.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:16 PM

Default Re: Bankrollmanagement strategy for grinding your way up on limit Star

[ QUOTE ]
Get poker tracker, so that you know for sure you're a winning player.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is great advice.

I would add that you should not just immediately jump from limit to limit when you hit some specific number of bets. Try taking a shot at .5/1 and if it goes well, keep playing or conversely, move back down the cards don't come your way. Or if you multitable, try playing one table of .5/1 while you play the others at your current limit.

This strategy will matter less now because the level of play at .25/.5 is not very different from that of .5/1. But it will be helpful when you're jumping from 3/6 to 5/T on up, as the changes in play (tighter, more aggressive) become much more visible.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dude, get a real job and make real money. Then try playing 5-10 when you can afford it. Grinding from .5 1 is silly imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol i love this
Old 07-25-2007, 08:05 PM

Yeah I guess it's pretty silly hae....hm but I will do it anyway, I have no choice.

I allready got Pokeroffice.

I guess 500BB is a good one but I do have to make adjustments right while I move up? Cause the variance will be bigger on the higher levels etc.?

(I don't think I can beat the 5/10 levels yet, especially those on Stars)
Old 07-25-2007, 08:32 PM

read harv's advice in the July Low Content thread. have at least 300bb's. i like to play with 600 b/c i play shorthanded as well. hope you found your answers and good luck. we've been having too many of these types of posts, so i'm going to lock this now.
Closed Thread