Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2007, 02:19 PM

Default Possibly LC: pot-limit.

In my observations (based on a rather small sample) it seems to me like the pot-limit tables on Stars play looser than the no-limit tables. There are more calling stations at pot-limit willing to call pre-flop and on the flop with very weak hands, possibly because no one can overbet them out of the pot, but they feel comfortable bleeding away chips by calling near-pot-sized bets.

When I play a session I usually try to add in a couple pot-limit tables, as they are more profitable, at least in my limited experience. The actual betting is basically the same, only difference being you can't open to 4BB (you are limited to 3.5BB) and you can't raise enough out of the blinds to punish the limpers. Postflop there is basically no difference.

Any thoughts on the quality of play in pot-limit compared to no-limit? I've run better at 100 PL than 100 NL, and better at 200 PL than 200 NL.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Possibly LC: pot-limit.

I filtered my PT once and saw I ran horribly in pot limit. So now when I'm table selecting I only sign up for NL.

It was probably too small a sample size to be meaningful but whatever.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:53 PM

Yea I don't like Pot Limit..it is hard to make any sizeable bets or win sizeable pots.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I filtered my PT once and saw I ran horribly in pot limit. So now when I'm table selecting I only sign up for NL.

It was probably too small a sample size to be meaningful but whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACT same thing here. I mean...exactly. I purposefully avoid them now, just because I saw how disgusting my stats were the few times I've played PL. Not sure if there is any significance to it, but I just choose to not find out.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:38 PM

They play almost the same, except for the raise from the blind which is really anoying. Other problem, there is no fast table in PL.
According to my pokertracker the table seems a bit looser at PL but the avg. pot is the same size.
I have the feeling that the field is weaker in PL but somehow my winrate sux (sample size problem).
Old 07-23-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea I don't like Pot Limit..it is hard to make any sizeable bets or win sizeable pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf

you seem to always underpot bet anyway when I play with you, often 1/2 or smaller

you raise small too

yeah you can't reraise as big but RR pots are easy to get allin on anyway
Old 07-23-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I have the feeling that the field is weaker in PL but somehow my winrate sux (sample size problem).

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the same experience with PL100. I used to always prefer playing at PL tables because there were so many loose donks. But somehow my winrate has been less at PL100 than NL100.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:33 PM

my winrate is like triple or something stupid at pot limit, theres just no damn tables, but my sample size isnt big