Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2007, 11:46 PM

Default .05/.10 limit call or reraise on river?

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP posts a blind of $0.05.
UTG calls, MP (poster) checks, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, MP calls, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero ?
Old 07-22-2007, 11:56 PM

Default Re: .05/.10 limit call or reraise on river?

call the 3bet without reads

turn call is so very bad.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:59 PM

lol what the hell is that turn? I will say more if you need it explained... but really...

OK, AS IF HE HAS SPADES! I really want to cap it (for the same reason that you should have raised the turn actually), but I probably pussy out and call.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol what the hell is that turn? I will say more if you need it explained... but really...

OK, AS IF HE HAS SPADES! I really want to cap it (for the same reason that you should have raised the turn actually), but I probably pussy out and call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, I got responses! Thx. I was going to ask you what was so bad about the turn call but I think I figured it out. When I made the turn call, I was thinking that I would make more money if I kept people in the hand so I could raise the river. I didnt have a read since I had only played 6 hands at the table.
also, Im a lurker and just figured out how use the hand converter. Im not entirely sure how I should post results.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:07 AM

Yeah I can see the turn donk w/flopped set or 4X..the problem is we sucked balls on the turn and didn't let villain define the hand.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:08 AM

Raise the turn. You might even get lucky and have the BB reraise with a four, in which case you can cap it. Don't call!

I'd call the river, though, after the 3-bet.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:10 AM

Welcome to the forums.

Please read the FAQ at the top of the forum list. Very useful stuff there..like:

Posting results is a big no-no and really prevents us from evaluating a hand. The only useful way to post results is to use a prior hand as an established read for a hand on which you have a question.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cool, I got responses! Thx. I was going to ask you what was so bad about the turn call but I think I figured it out. When I made the turn call, I was thinking that I would make more money if I kept people in the hand so I could raise the river. I didnt have a read since I had only played 6 hands at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think you've figured it out, then explain why waiting until the river to raise is bad and why your last sentence doesn't affect your decision at all.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Im not entirely sure how I should post results

[/ QUOTE ]

You shouldn't. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

When I made the turn call, I was thinking that I would make more money if I kept people in the hand so I could raise the river

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, you have to see that this is really bad play. These guys arn't going to fold for one more bet on the turn. They will fold for a single bet on the river if they were drawing on the turn. They will call another bet on the turn if they are drawing on the turn. They might call another bet on the river with whatever they have even if you raise the turn.

Put all that togeather. Count up how many bets you get by raising the turn. and how many you get by calling the turn and raising the river.

On the turn, ask yourself: "What is he betting with and what MP is calling with".

Now ask yourself: "Will they call another bet with those hands". The answer is certainly "Yes". Even better, they might 3-bet you with worse hands! And because you have the nuts, you get 100% of every bet that goes in*.

*Not quite because sometimes you get rivered and sometimes you split.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:19 AM

Aaron, has he got the spades? :s