Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2007, 06:34 PM

Default Two xT9s

Hand 1.
Sorry to say.Villain is completely unknown.
Anyone takes different lines from flop and on.

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
4 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6SB, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (8BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>,Hero...?

Again a totally unknown villain.
Is the check on turn bad.Do we like bet/fold better.
If we are calling flop I feel like we have to call blank rivers also. what do you think?

Hand 2

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
4 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is UTG with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, 2 folds.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5.5SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3.75BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets</font>, Hero...?
Old 07-22-2007, 07:13 PM

Default Re: Two xT9s

both theese hand depend so much on reads and you should give us some info about how you rate an unknown at your game.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:18 PM

rofl gvasa

hand 1 fold river you called the turn hoping he was semibluffing a draw and now they all got there.

hand 2 vs an unknown I think c/c c/c is fine unless the river is a horrible card. b/c c/c most rivers would be ok too but I'd rather get to sd cheap vs an unknown.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:30 PM

I know you want reads but fact is that if you table select well you frequently end up having unknowns at your tables.
An unknown is an unknown but are by definition worse players than the regulars.But can be worse in many different ways
The hand posted has the same premises that I had to deal with at the table.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
rofl gvasa

hand 1 fold river you called the turn hoping he was semibluffing a draw and now they all got there.

hand 2 vs an unknown I think c/c c/c is fine unless the river is a horrible card. b/c c/c most rivers would be ok too but vs I'd rather get to sd cheap vs an unknown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand 1: If you give unknown at 5/T at pokerroom some respect you should fold probably fold this on turn. No obvious 3-betting pf hands is on a draw here except AKss.

Hand 2: If you think most unknowns are ovveragressive i guess you check to induce a bluff? Then you should call down. Otherwise you should bet turn and probably fold to a raise.

I have no Idea what rofl means.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:42 PM

The river hero... in hand 1 is kind of silly.Of course I folded.
But do you think I shoud take a more passive line on flop instead, given the threebet preflop.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know you want reads but fact is that if you table select well you frequently end up having unknowns at your tables.
An unknown is an unknown but are by definition worse players than the regulars.But can be worse in many different ways
The hand posted has the same premises that I had to deal with at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought table selecting well was when you seek up your fishfriends night after night and they are still happy to see you? But honestly how long does it take for you to get some information about a player? I can't believe that all hands that are posted here is the first hand the "unknown" played? After just one or two orbits you should have some idea about a player, then you may have to adjust it as you get more information. I don't point you out Apanage, but I there is some of you that are just too lazy to take notes and pay attention... Ok give it to me now [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-22-2007, 07:46 PM

Hand 1)

Against an unknown I would just look for a SD so I dont 3-bet the flop because I would hate calling down after the 3-bet and I would hate folding the turn with 5 cards to improve in a 7BB pot.

EDIT: Flop is 3-way. Missed that. Standard flop raise for protection and value. Turn is a yucky spot but I call down to get a read.

One more edit: Fold that river

Hand 2)

I wold c/c the turn and after keeping the pot small I would c/f the river and feel pretty good about it - even against an unknown.

Old 07-22-2007, 07:50 PM

the flop raise is good because we want to protect our hand from SB, and maybe we can get the 3better to make a ftop mistake fold with AQ AK on the turn. I'd like it more if we knew that villain's 3bet would define his hand, but the K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] river makes it an easy fold

if it was heads up I'd take a more passive line
Old 07-22-2007, 07:54 PM

Oink I've noted that you often want to SD cheap against unknowns at 5/10. Most others seems to play unknowns as they would play a decent player. Do you have a theory behind your play against unknowns?