Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2007, 09:15 PM

Default Should I be scared of this scare card?

Clearly I was.

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $2 BB (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($166.65)
Hero ($194)
BB ($200)
UTG ($942.55)
MP1 ($602.80)
MP2 ($153.70)
CO ($342.85)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $7</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $7, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $6, BB calls $5.

Some of you will say to raise preflop, but I don't like doing so with so little in the pot when I'll be OOP for the rest of the hand.

Flop: ($28) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks.

Obv a missed check/raise. A case of FPS perhaps? Maybe.

Turn: ($28) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $26.6</font>, BB INSTAcalls $26.60, UTG folds, CO folds.

River: ($81.20) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $78.2</font>, Hero...?

Possibly the worst river card for my hand. Looking back at it though, my river check seems pretty weak. Should I lead out here? If I do and he raises do I fold? Also as played, do you call here?
Old 07-20-2007, 09:28 PM

Default Re: Should I be scared of this scare card?

As played, given the stacks, I don't call.
Do I lead? Maybe if the river wasn't the 5 but the 8 or 9 (no straight)

Against an ABC type of guy you have an easy fold, and I think your check isn't that weak at all.

Against a guy who coulda called PF with something like K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], knowing he could represent the flush and bluff you out, then you have a real decision.

Against both, if you decide to lead like $45 or $50 and get raised, it's close to impossible to fold given the pot, but you'd know your beat...Also, keep in mind that Villain called your pot size bet on the turn with 4 people in and 2 left to act. This gives him a lot of credibility for a strong draw, imo.

Any1 here would lead something like $30 or something small? Personally I don't see how this would be +EV, since we'd be looked up by a straight, and get raised by the flush.

All in all, check-fold 85% of the time at least. Keep the 15% or less for when you have a solid read.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:40 PM

Forgot to say it was during my first orbit at the table so I had no idea how he played (I never have reads lol).

Blah this hand is just a mess in general...
Old 07-20-2007, 10:02 PM

I'd lead the flop for 20. It's drawless except for the flush draw and you have the A and K. The PFR might bet with the other AA or KKxx, but in a 4way pot with a person left to act I wouldn't count on it. You'll usually get all folds, which is fine with me cuz I don't want to be OOP on the turn with 3 players left unless it's a diamond or an A.

As for the riv, I'm fine with c/f'ing against an unknown
Old 07-20-2007, 10:03 PM

Most likely he benefited from that free turn so next time bet out [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img], get raised and put it owwlin on the flop or turn!
Old 07-21-2007, 04:02 AM

as played, fold
i would play turn check raising - pot is nice, ace is scaring, this is the utg's chance to bluff
i sure for 80% some1 would bet
in your river situation i prefer to bet smth about20-40% of the pot
if i got reraised, hum, that guy have iron balls to lead