Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2007, 01:12 AM

Default Help Me Buy Some Carbon Offsets

Don't know if this is the right forum but maybe. Has anyone ever bought carbon offsets? Any recommendations on the best places to buy them from and why you make the recommendation? I drive an SUV most of the time and I want to offset the CO2 that it emits.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:50 AM

Default Re: Help Me Buy Some Carbon Offsets

lol .. troll somewhere else
Old 07-21-2007, 02:08 AM

Default PM Me

Yes, I will sell you some.
My carbon offsets are certified by FN2+2. Just send me some money and I will give you as many FN2+2 carbon offsets as you need. I only sell offsets in $100 blocks...

PS
FN2+2 offsets are more environmental friendly than those sold by communist China and India. These countries will build factories, disassemble them for carbon credits, and then relocate the factory to repeat the whole process.... Total Scam....
Old 07-21-2007, 08:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't know if this is the right forum but maybe. Has anyone ever bought carbon offsets? Any recommendations on the best places to buy them from and why you make the recommendation? I drive an SUV most of the time and I want to offset the CO2 that it emits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Drive backwards.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol .. troll somewhere else

[/ QUOTE ]

Posters defended Al Gore and his huge carbon footprint on this forum by stating it was ok, he bought carbon offsets for his footprint. I'm wondering if anyone has ever purchased any and if they could relate their experience, make recommendations. I do drive an SUV and saw one site that said I could spend $100 a year to offset the CO2 my SUV emits. Didn't really find much info at that site. Not a bad price to do my part. I'm looking for other alternatives than Felix's deal though. Read claims that much of the carbon offset selling is a scam. I'm sure not all of it is though.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:07 PM

Adios, this is a noble gesture. But if I were you I'd spend your money on alternative energy. You can invest in a company, donate money for research, or even buy upgrades for your house. A typical solar water heater will offset 1,500 pounds of carbon dioxide (CO2) per year. Add an insulation blanket and you will save another 1,000 pounds. This list of things to do:

http://globalwarming-facts.info/50-tips.html

Was linked to/endorsed on the AAAS's (publishes Nature & Science) press room. Notice that carbon credits aren't on the list. There is a lot of fraud in that industry and there's no effective regulatory body to confirm the offset claims.

If you are really worried how you "look to others" you can compare the amount of tons of CO2 per year your car is emitting to a Honda accord with this site:
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/bymod...a_Accord.shtml

And donate/invest in alternative energy projects to offset the amount. The energy market has great earnings potential anyway. Coal is a much dirtier fuel than oil so any amount of coal you can replace is a huge win.

In all honesty I think the standard carbon offsets (and a lot of the crap Gore pushes) are just as harmful as Bush's denial. Gore fools people into thinking these tiny steps can help the environment when in reality the only thing that will help is completely eliminating fossil fuels from our energy diet.

It's kind of like how Gore advocates unplugging your cellphone when that will only reduce your energy consumption by 0.05% or something ridiculously small. Gore loves "feel good" solutions regardless of whether or not they make sense. Sometimes I think liberals suffer from kleinfelters syndrome.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:22 PM

Felix- I would like to be a ground floor investor in your company. Please PM me with the prospectus.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I drive an SUV most of the time and I want to offset the CO2 that it emits.

[/ QUOTE ]

why don't you plant some bushes or trees in your yard. Hell, plant a vegetable garden, knock yourself out kid.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gore fools people into thinking these tiny steps can help the environment when in reality the only thing that will help is completely eliminating fossil fuels from our energy diet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhh, good luck with that.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:32 PM

There are plenty of useless people out there sucking in oxygen and cranking out CO2. Each one you eliminate improves the gene pool and allows you to drive your SUV 2 miles per day.