Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 12:42 PM

Default 100NL Cash Turn C/R. Spew, Standard, or Good?

40 Hands in opponent is 45/20/2 (over 400)

Previously I have C/R him once on the flop with TPGK (J10) and then folded when He 4BAI.

On the turn my hand becomes a potential 9 outer so I think either my huge C/R gets him to fold many better 1pr hands or even if he does call, I do have some outs. Also, this is my 2nd C/R of the match and I haven't used AI or any big bet yet.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">SpewMonster?? ($108.80)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Button ($148.40)</font>

Preflop: SpewMonster?? is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $3</font>, SpewMonster?? calls $2.

Flop: ($6.00) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SpewMonster?? checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $6</font>, SpewMonster?? calls $6.

Turn: ($18) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SpewMonster?? checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $18</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SpewMonster?? raises to $99.8 (All-In)</font>, Button calls $81.80.

River: ($0) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $218.10
Old 07-19-2007, 01:13 PM

Default Re: 100NL Cash Turn C/R. Spew, Standard, or Good?

Does he fire 2 barrels often?
Old 07-19-2007, 01:14 PM

tentatively, i dont really like it.

it is a good flop for you to slowplay a big hand on, and t9 and 86 just improved. the thing is, most of his 2barreling range (unless hes been doing it a ton, which you didn't mention) likes this card too. lots of 1pr hands turned oesds/gutters, oesds hit or made pair/draw... but i guess if you think he folds A9 or his range is polarized heavily towards bluffs it can work. i personally dont think he folds many better hands (aside from stronger 7s i suppose).

edit: also, its hard to tell how many of your outs will be good if called.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:14 PM

I don't like it because villain will call putting you on an 8. He's not folding an overpair or a T, so I'd rather lead the turn and see what happens.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:41 PM

He 2 barreled about 5 times (being every time he raised IP preflop) and CBd and I called flop.

Hmmm.

So let me change the question a bit. What is the strongest hand you'd fold if you are villain (I had played semi passively up to this point to reinforce FE when I made a move like this).

Is anyone folding a weak 10, a stong 10, a 10 with a gutshot, or anything stronger? Any overpairs EVER folding?

The reason I ask this is that most of the time for ME when I make that CRAI on the turn I have minimum top2.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:45 PM

i'd probably be calling T8++
Old 07-19-2007, 02:47 PM

If he's bluffing, let him bluff... if he's not bluffing you are getting your money in behind. Why are you raising turn?

call, call.

And yes, I think it's total spew.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he's bluffing, let him bluff... if he's not bluffing you are getting your money in behind. Why are you raising turn?

call, call.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. That's fair enough. Lets say, I called turn instead of my CR. What line do you suggest when the river hits 7? GO for CR or PSB or ?
Old 07-19-2007, 02:55 PM

i'd suggest folding the turn instead. if you happen to misclick a call, i'd just PSB it. way too coordinated for villian to bet 1pr, but often will talk himself into a call because its a good "bluff" card
Old 07-19-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

call, call.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. That's fair enough. Lets say, I called turn instead of my CR. What line do you suggest when the river hits 7? GO for CR or PSB or ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I err on the side of leading for 3/4th pot, willing to do otherwise with a read. Great thing about that board texture and calling down is that he can put you on a draw and will have to fire a 3rd barrel on the river with his garbage, and will most likely go for value with a 10 (perhaps not though, lots of low stakes folks will not vbet a 10 on that river).

I also have rhythms for value bets, so for me personally it depends on what the last bluff that was called or last vbet that was called. Meaning, if I bluffed and was called with a 3/5ths pot bet, I'll probably lead for 3/5ths. If my last vbet was 1/2 pot, I may pot it here. Sometimes I do it twice in a row, etc.