Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 07:16 AM

Default 50NL: AA multiway with ugly turn card and a good/bad river?

(didn't reload in time is why stack is short)

Main villain here is super passive 48/1/1 over 70 hands or so. Is it best to keep the pot small with that turn card? Is the river card a good card to bet or is it spew? I chickened out, LDO, but with it being multiway and him being the ONLY one calling the flop bet, we can't bet this river can we?

I am very much open for ideas on different lines in this hand....
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $49.50
BB: $142.80
UTG: $56.70
SirFelixCat (CO): $47.75
BTN: $16.30

Preflop: SirFelixCat is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">SirFelixCat raises to $1.75</font>, BTN calls $1.75, SB calls $1.50, BB calls $1.25

Flop: ($7) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">SirFelixCat bets $6.00</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $6.00

Turn: ($19) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, SirFelixCat checks

River: ($19) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, SirFelixCat checks
Old 07-19-2007, 07:18 AM

Default Re: 50NL: AA multiway with ugly turn card and a good/bad river?

I don't see any value betting the river.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:21 AM

this is fine. no worse hands call a river bet.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:23 AM

Betting the turn makes this hand so much easier to play. You get value from kings and maybe worse and charge him to draw, or fold out his draws (QJ is possible btw). Also when a scare card falls on the river it means that he will probably check to you so you can get a free SD.

As played I would fire $10 on the river, its thin but +EV imo.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:24 AM

I pretty much always bet this turn.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this is fine. no worse hands call a river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain looks like a bit of a donk so I think that he can calls with worse on the river, though after 2nd thoughts checking is probably better..

Don't you guys think that betting the turn here is standard?
Old 07-19-2007, 07:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Betting the turn makes this hand so much easier to play. You get value from kings and maybe worse and charge him to draw, or fold out his draws (QJ is possible btw). Also when a scare card falls on the river it means that he will probably check to you so you can get a free SD.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a huge *leak/weak spot in my game*...

I know I have the best hand on the flop the vast majority of the time. But I'm so [censored] scared of getting c/r'd on the turn that I wuss out.

Please help me get better here fellas. Shox, there are enough tables that we don't play every hand together, so srsly, help me out here, fellas.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I have the best hand on the flop the vast majority of the time. But I'm so [censored] scared of getting c/r'd on the turn that I wuss out.

Please help me get better here fellas. Shox, there are enough tables that we don't play every hand together, so srsly, help me out here, fellas.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm surprised that you are scared of getting c/r'ed here given how passive villain is. Also getting c/r'ed is fine because then you can make an easy fold and get on to the next hand.

As for the leak in your game, you should probably look at the board texture more and compare it with villains range, especially on wet boards.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm surprised that you are scared of getting c/r'ed here given how passive villain is. Also getting c/r'ed is fine because then you can make an easy fold and get on to the next hand.

As for the leak in your game, you should probably look at the board texture more and compare it with villains range, especially on wet boards.

[/ QUOTE ]

No you're right, in this case. I should have stated that in this case, I can understand that if villain c/r's I'm beat, sure.

I'm talking bigger picture though w/ monkeys that aren't this passive...I really need to work on this. Thanks.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:38 AM

Meh

Turn check is fine. Bet could also be defended.

When checked to twice here I probably try to squeeze out some value on the river here cuz judging by his stats, villain looks like some kind of a station. Bet $12 and one pair hands are gonna look you up fairly often.