Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2006, 03:56 PM

Default Ugh, My Brain

Thursday actually threw me off balance. I'm pretty sure I've had a day or two where I've come back to even from 80BB deficits, but this [censored] me up. Very black and white. I sat down in the morning, played about 500 quick hands and went on one of my biggest heaters ever and picked up a quick 95BB. So happy. I have lunch, sit down, and drop 90BB in about an hour.

At the end there where I make a decent day out of it after I was stuck for a while and then drop a few more bets I found a late night table with not one, but TWO 80/40s, one of which was willing to basically go infinite bets. The guy was classy. He'd jam 9 high for a couple hands then 3 bet me with 42o. I'd flop TPTK and he'd flop trips. Magic AA managed to get 12 good bets in against the guy before he spiked a 2 outer on the river (K8 on a 228J board). The other one, who managed to pick up about 180BB in the time between when I sat and when I eventually cracked and left (after the infinite bets guy went bust, obviously), was invincible. If you checked behind with a weak hand he spiked. If you bet to protect it he called and hit anyways. I left feeling like a lab mouse who'd been zapped at random for hours.

Old 02-24-2006, 04:00 PM

Default Re: Ugh, My Brain

What limits?
Old 02-24-2006, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Ugh, My Brain

Eh, PP 10/20 6.