Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2007, 08:43 PM

Default Why give Harrah\'s the action?

We all know the many, many ways Harrah's has made a mockery of how to run the WSOP. Sadly though, as long as we continue to play and they continue to make their money, there is no real motivation for them to make things better for us.

I know it would suck, looking forward to playing in the series for months, only to decide not to because Harrah's doesn't deserve the action. But if a majority of players did it they would get the message. I didn't play this year. I went on June 2nd, was disgusted, and never returned. Hopefully more will do the same next year if many substantial changes are not made.

/rant
Old 07-15-2007, 08:47 PM

Default Re: Why give Harrah\'s the action?

I'm a big fan of making money for starters.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:49 PM

I'm a big fan of not getting treated like [censored] where I play, and still making money (not for starters?)
Old 07-15-2007, 08:51 PM

The fields are too juicy. The only way I think the WSOP can fail is if the fish stop going to tournaments.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:13 PM

As people are saying, the games were SO SOFT.

And you know what, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say they didn't do that bad a job. A lot of what happened they either fixed quickly or wasn't their fault (players advisory committee). Also, the worst things that happen are splashed all over the internet within hours, but while these incidents are happening to individuals, up to 3000 players are playing poker without hassle. The poker room rates at the Rio and Caesar's were really cheap too.

I think they should take responsibility for the tent situation and the lines in the first couple of days, it wasn't perfect, but I was expecting continual SNAFUs on a daily basis and that wasn't happening.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:04 AM

Given how popular the Venetian Deep Stack tourney was during this year's WSOP, I'd have to assume this was a wakeup call to Harrahs. The venetian tourney had more player and I believe significantly lower juice. (Not to be confused with the CEO Poker tourney there)
Old 07-16-2007, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The venetian tourney had more player a

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, no. They did not. They did have between 300-600 per day, and the number did grow as the event went on. But that is no where near the 1500-3000 that some of the NLH WSOP events had.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As people are saying, the games were SO SOFT.

And you know what, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say they didn't do that bad a job. A lot of what happened they either fixed quickly or wasn't their fault (players advisory committee). Also, the worst things that happen are splashed all over the internet within hours, but while these incidents are happening to individuals, up to 3000 players are playing poker without hassle. The poker room rates at the Rio and Caesar's were really cheap too.

I think they should take responsibility for the tent situation and the lines in the first couple of days, it wasn't perfect, but I was expecting continual SNAFUs on a daily basis and that wasn't happening.

[/ QUOTE ]

They were aware of the horrible structures in the limit tournaments and refused to address the problem.....
Old 07-16-2007, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The venetian tourney had more player a

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, no. They did not. They did have between 300-600 per day, and the number did grow as the event went on. But that is no where near the 1500-3000 that some of the NLH WSOP events had.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops, typo on my part. I meant to say that the Venetian Tourney had more "play" and not "players". You are right about the size of the fields though.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:53 PM

This has been addressed it what has to seem like 50 thread since the series started. There are too many fish and too many people who don't mind taking an anal-probe from Harrah's to ever believe any boycott of the WSOP will ever happen.

The script will run its course again. Negreanu and others on the so-called players advisory board will look like super guys by telling us they are working with Harrah's to make big changes, the tournament staff will tell us they are listening to our concerns, yet next year will roll around and nothing will really change.

Get used to it. Even if Harrah's sells the series, as has been reported as possible, the same mindset will run it.

Think of how even though the U.S. President may flip flop between parties every four or eight years, the same civil servants actually run the show. Same thing here.