Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 01:39 PM

Default BB turned str8 5 way

I was really unsure what to do here on turn? Should I be getting it all in even though its prob a 2 or 3 way split but with 2 FD out there I dont wana get sucked out on. Also theres the possiblity that someone has the str8 and is freerolling on the flush. It seems strange but I think my best play is to fold the nuts on the turn given how little Ive invested (before i called any bets). Thoughts? No real reads on villains.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $16.25
Hero (BB): $25.00
UTG: $25.00
MP: $8.30
CO: $25.45
BTN: $18.40

Preflop: Hero is dealt 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, BTN calls $0.25, SB calls $0.15, Hero checks

Flop: ($1.25) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks, MP checks, CO checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($1.25) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $1.00</font>, Hero calls $1.00, MP calls $1.00, <font color="red">CO raises to $5.00</font>, BTN calls $5.00, SB folds, Hero calls $4.00, MP calls $4.00

River: ($22.25) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 Players)
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="red">CO bets $10.00</font>, BTN calls $10.00, 2 folds

Pot Size: $42.25 ($2.05 Rake)
Old 07-16-2007, 01:48 PM

Default Re: BB turned str8 5 way

Raise Raise Raise Raise that turn. You have to charge the flush draws. There is no point in slowplaying or disguising your hand here because even sets and 2-pairs shouldn't pay you off on this board. The only thing you can get value off of is flushdraws (and sets who want to draw to the fullhouse I suppose), and the only time you can do that is the turn.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:49 PM

Fold the turn? haha ... good one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] had me going for a second

Try raise/reraise all in on the turn .... make those flush draws pay
Old 07-16-2007, 01:50 PM

make it 15 on the turn and you should only get calls from other kings. you have got to charge fd's and sets!
Old 07-16-2007, 01:54 PM

I wasnt slow playing, I just knew it was only ever going to be a split and I had invested so little I prob would have lost more from rake and could possibly lose a stack as FD would be getting good odds. Is it really worth it?
Old 07-16-2007, 01:56 PM

Yes, because there are some sets and flush draws that cannot ever fold.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wasnt slow playing, I just knew it was only ever going to be a split and I had invested so little I prob would have lost more from rake and could possibly lose a stack as FD would be getting good odds. Is it really worth it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless everyone has the king and a FD, which they can't, not getting it in on this turn is crazy. The FD's will miss more than they hit and when they miss you make money from the FDs that got it in on the turn.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Unless everyone has the king and a FD, which they can't, not getting it in on this turn is crazy. The FD's will miss more than they hit and when they miss you make money from the FDs that got it in on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the action I would say its quite likely there are 3 Kings out, so is getting it all in really that +EV given we are going to split any missed FD money compared to the chance of losing a whole stack????
Old 07-16-2007, 02:28 PM

is this a joke? You guys leveling?
Old 07-16-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is this a joke? You guys leveling?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am serious. I can see where you are all coming from, I have the nuts get it in. I agree and believe I played the hand quite badly just calling 2 bets on turn but I seriousely wondering whats the +EV play here given Ive invested 1BB on the turn and given my previous thoughts ( split pot, possible villain freerolling etc?)