Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2007, 12:52 PM

Default drawing hands

Hi all,

When does it become correct to push with a drawing hand?
I have found myself in this situation twice recently where i have called a button raise flat from the BB with average holdings, Kd 10d first time and As 5s just a while ago.

I have expectedly missed the flop with my hole cards so i put out a half pot bet to see if i can win it there and then. Both times (completely different players) i have been re-popped a third of my stack over fairly uncordinated boards. On both occasions i have ended up with straight and flush draws. I realise calling and missing puts me in a hole i won't be able to bet my way out of and kinda telegraphs my draw.

This is very early doors in a S&amp;G and both times i have folded to a shown TPTK. I know he/she probably sees danger and has raised to prevent action but is it better to burn out quickly with these hands or wait until later if i'm given the chance? I would have taken down the pot both times <u>if</u> i had hit which would of given me a good chip lead too.

What to do? Fold it until i get toward the middle of the game or push and roll with the punches?