Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 03:47 PM

Default NL10- KQ top two facing river shove

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.02/$0.05 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $6.73
BB: $4.62
UTG: $11.17
Hero (MP): $15.76
CO: $3.29
BTN: $16.03

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.20</font>, Hero calls $0.20, CO folds, BTN calls $0.20, SB calls $0.18, BB calls $0.15

Flop: ($1) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.75</font>, BTN calls $0.75, 3 folds

Turn: ($2.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($2.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.40</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises all-in to $15.08</font>

villain has been very aggro thus far. i checked turn because i wanted to induce a bluff on turn/river from him. in the chat when he shoves river he says "you cant call."

i think he has j9 90+% of the time. what do you guys think?

edit: should i have bet more on river?
Old 07-14-2007, 03:53 PM

Default Re: NL10- KQ top two facing river shove

Played fine until river where I bet like 2,2 and I think I propably fold to this river shove because in my experience they have sets/str8's here almost always,however I am curious about what others will say about it.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:04 PM

I don't like the flat call preflop in a bad relative and mediocre absolute position. It's and easily dominated hand and you still have CO and BTN left to act. Either reraise or fold.
I bet full pot on the flop. River bet is ok, but maybe a bit weak if you say that villain was overly aggressive in the past. He might sense your smallish bet as weakness. If you bet $2.3 here, that looks more serious and might keep him from bluffing so that you can fold to a push with more confidence. You are behind AJ and J9. I think I fold here. But I'm angry about it because if he had the goods, he made a dumb move and if he bluffed, well, who likes to be bluffed off a decent hand.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:23 PM

In my experience, massive overbets AI are not bluffs at 10NL. There ARE some peole who are obsessed with taking down pots, and will bluff bluff bluff. But these types are easy to pick out, so you'll know when to call that sort. The rest of the guys that make Big Big Overbets count on the fact that it looks suspicious and micro-limit players call too much when something looks fishy.

It looks like he's trying to get you so confused, that you reassure yourself it's a steal and so you should look him up. Unless he's definately the "bluff bluff bluff" types, you should fold.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:32 PM

I don't flat call pre-flop either. Read on UTG and what he was raising with? Did you have read on CO? The aggro read on the BTN means I am either raising or folding here, depending on my read of UTG. I don't want a LAG behind me to squeeze play his way into winning this pot pre-flop.

As played, I bet the turn for value and because there are now flush draws to add to the possible straight draws. BTN can check behind with a draw and value bet a made hand. That is not a time to give free cards. The river bet looks like a great value bet, unless you have a read on river steals though, you have to fold there.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:28 PM

ev_slave nailed it.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:14 PM

i folded without much thought.