Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 11:09 PM

Default 2 hands in a row

4 handed, i raise kk in the co. button (52/20 over 100, seems tightish post flop), 3bets, i cap and bet an 8 J 10 r flop. he calls and then calls a turn jack (2nd diamond). riv is an ace. is check fold an option if his capping range is standard?

next hand. same player raises. passive sb calls, i call w/ j7s, and flop a flush (a 4 9). I c'r, sb folds. i bet the turn, which is a 4th spade, and get raised. is calling down my only option, regardless of what decision i made in the previous hand? is checking the turn horrible?
Old 07-15-2007, 04:42 AM

Default Re: 2 hands in a row

Hand 1 : What do you mean 'his capping range is standard'? He didn't cap anywhere in this hand. I would bet the river... his 3betting range is probably pretty wide given that you opened in the CO. He could have any number of pairs that he pays off with. Checking just induces him to bluff at the ace, so you cannot fold if he bets - only chek if you genuinely think he has a hand he'll raise with, and want to see showdown. If he raises the river, the pot will be 8.5BB - hard to laydown without a read. You've played with him for 100 hands... have you seen him making any moves? Raising draws? Or just lots of postflop folding?

Hand 2 : No, calling down isn't your only option. You could 3bet - but I think this folds out worse hands. Thus, I like to call the raise and donk the river... this is where you need reads/stats... if you get raised, you have to decide if calling is +EV vs this particular guy... it's not against most. But checking the river only allows him to get away cheaply with a worse flush. There are only two flush cards that beat you and you're HU, remember.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
is checking the turn horrible?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

PS. You sure these are mid-stakes hands? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2007, 12:45 PM

ahh, must have accidentally ommitted that he capped preflop in hand 1. havent seen him making moves. seems tight- 31% wtsd or so, so even if he hadnt capped, i dont feel like im getting called by very many better hands if i bet river. since he did in fact cap, i felt it was a tough spot, and that the only hand i beat was 99.

thanks for the analysis, yo!
Old 07-15-2007, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont feel like im getting called by very many better hands if i bet river

[/ QUOTE ]

So the hands he calls you with are worse?