Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 04:17 AM

Default OE+FD+pair ON THE TURN, BIG POT

I have not converted the hand because i was playing at the Bossmedia network, i will try to write it clearly.

Villain has been playing aggresive, raising 3 times to some limpers. Also he had raised 2 times before the flop and win the pot with a continuation bet. I haven't seen him at a showdown yet. He looks pretty aggresive but not a maniac, because he is playing tight. He has me covered, i have 250$ in a 200NL game fullring. My table image is still tight.

I open raise $8 from UTG+1 with the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] , its my first raise in two rounds. Villain, who is seated on my left, calls. Everybody folds to the big blind, a very loose player, who also calls. The pot is $24.

Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
BB checks; I bet 22$, villain calls, BB folds. Pot is now $68.

Turn is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] . I put villain on AQ, AJs-A2s. JJ-66 or a flush draw with KTs, QTs, KJs or something similar. I suppose he would re-raise before the flop with the AK.

If i check i hope him to bet strong, and if a make a blocking bet hes gonna raise me most of times, so i decide to make a strong bet again to force the weakest aces and the middle pairs to fold. I bet $60 and he miniraises to $120. I have $160 behind and he has $200 behind. The pot is $248

Should i call here? Should i shove all my chips?
Could i play the hand differently against this aggresive player?

Thank you very much and sorry about my english
Old 07-26-2007, 04:51 AM

Default Re: OE+FD+pair ON THE TURN, BIG POT

Is he capable of minraise bluffing you here? I would call and c/f a 5 or a blank, shoving a 3, 4, 8, or spade. I honestly thing the min raise removes flush draws from his range, especially together with the flop call behind from an aggressive player
Old 07-26-2007, 04:53 AM

This should be in SSNL. Call the raise and open-shove if you hit big on the river.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:56 AM

Ok, next time i will post at SSNL, im new here and i dont know what is considered here medium stakes
Old 07-26-2007, 07:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Call the raise and open-shove if you hit big on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]