Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2007, 10:33 PM

Default Annoying girlfriend crap

Hey guys, I'm wondering what to do about this stuff. It probably seems pretty minor compared to the other drama that I've seen while lurking around in the first past.

So I've been with this girl for almost three months. I'm 22, for what it's worth. She seems to have this preoccupation with how others perceive her. We got in a bit of a fight over Facebook. Yeah I know how lame that sounds, but please hear me out. She made a remark about how pretty she looked in some photos with her and me on there, and I said yeah. She said it again, and I do the typical guy thing and just nod and say yeah. Then I ask why she cares? Then the zinger: She tells me that she knows my ex girlfriend looks at my profile and she wants to look pretty for her. Now I hate my ex girlfriend because she's a cheating bitch and this makes me a bit upset. Why the hell should she care what my ex girlfriend thinks? Maybe i'm weird, but I could care less if her ex boyfriends think I'm ugly as hell, because I don't seek validation from them. I tell her that this seems a little ridiculous for her to care about that. She then lied about it later on and said she didn't care and when I reminded her that she said she did care before, she admitted to lying. Now I really wouldn't care about a little minor lie out of embarassment like this, but she made this big deal a couple weeks before about how I'd better not lie to her about anything or whatever.

The second thing that I think is [censored] is that not only does she care way too much about what other people think of her, she also cares what people think of me. I showed up at her house in a video game t-shirt and she told me that she would be embarrassed to be seen with me in public. I was shocked, because I'm not overweight, I'm young, reasonably good looking, etc. I asked her why and she just said that I shouldn't wear it in public around her and she begged me not to wear it when I met her friends. I asked her if it was the fact that it was a t-shirt that bothered her, or the fact that it was a video game themed one, even though I already knew the answer. All the shirt says is "you know you're addicted to video games when..." and then gives a list of reasons. I just feel like I'm in over my head and I shouldn't have to put up with this crap. I think I'm a pretty chill guy who doesn't let much bother me but it does bother me when my seemingly insecure girlfriend(although she denies being insecure) puts this [censored] on me as well.

Thanks for reading.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:38 PM

Default Re: Annoying girlfriend crap

JS,

Pics of you, her, and ex-gf required to provide any worthwhile response.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
JS,

Pics of you, her, and ex-gf required to provide any worthwhile response.

[/ QUOTE ]

El Diablo,

I don't really see why pics are required here and I would feel uncomfortable posting them here. I'd be just as pissed off if she was a 10 as if she was a 2, although I probably wouldn't be dating her if she was a 2. I can kinda see why it's necessary in the hookup threads but not here. This is about behavior. Thanks for responding though.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:41 PM

She sounds like a girl that could be fun to [censored] for awhile, but simply isn't serious longterm relationship material. What I would do is keep her around to bang until things get boring or she gets more naggy or you find someone else with more potential.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She sounds like a girl that could be fun to [censored] for awhile, but simply isn't serious longterm relationship material. What I would do is keep her around to bang until things get boring or she gets more naggy or you find someone else with more potential.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah this is what I was thinking. I'm just pretty sure that she's not marriage material. I don't really care about that when we're just sexing and stuff,g oing out a couple of months, but I do think about it, and I know that if we ever got married and have kids that we'd have huge problems with the personality clashes. She just cares way more about how people perceive her than I do.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I showed up at her house in a video game t-shirt and she told me that she would be embarrassed to be seen with me in public.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would break up with any girl that said this to me. It's been a couple months for your relationship and she's already dressing you? wtf
Old 06-24-2007, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Then the zinger: She tells me that she knows my ex girlfriend looks at my profile and she wants to look pretty for her.

[/ QUOTE ]
She's trying to be on your side here. Most people do care about their exes and what they think.

[ QUOTE ]
All the shirt says is "you know you're addicted to video games when..." and then gives a list of reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can see why someone would find this gay.

Bottom line: you're a nonchalant slob with a preppy girlfriend. Advice: dump her, and get a woman who makes you happy.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Then the zinger: She tells me that she knows my ex girlfriend looks at my profile and she wants to look pretty for her.

[/ QUOTE ]
She's trying to be on your side here. Most people do care about their exes and what they think.

[ QUOTE ]
All the shirt says is "you know you're addicted to video games when..." and then gives a list of reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can see why someone would find this gay.

Bottom line: you're a nonchalant slob with a preppy girlfriend. Advice: dump her, and get a woman who makes you happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the advice BEP.

Phil, she's not trying to be on my side. it's weird, because before we started dating, she asked about my recent ex, and i went on a 2 minute rant about how I hate her and will never talk to her again, etc. so it's not that she cares what she thinks because i care what she thinks. i think it's more that she thinks if the ex didn't find her attractive, the ex might try to get me back or something. see what i'm saying?
Old 06-24-2007, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wearing this shirt is the same as wearing "You might be a redneck" to people who don't play video games. And, you know, 22 is all grows up now.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't really see why pics are required here

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you just sign up for the ole internet today?

On any message board mostly frequented by males (which is probably the vast majority), any post about a female s/o will always get a 'need pix' response, generally within the first 5 responses.

OOT holds this tradition very true to all our hearts!