Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 05:12 PM

Default Turn raise TPMK

MP is a medium strength player, a bit loose but moderately aggressive. Knows when she's ahead or behind. I've seen her bet out almost every flop when she raised PF, even if it later turns out she had only middle pair or an underpair to the board. MP2 is an incredibly weak calling station, doesn't release anything if there's a single card in the deck that can help him, and gets aggressive and raises frequently with second best hands and has a habit of reraising missed draws on the river. BB is close to TAG but folds the flop when he misses.

Preflop
1 limp, MP limps, MP2 limps, Hero calls in CO with J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], SB folds, BB checks

Flop:
2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2 check, MP bets, MP2 calls, Hero calls, BB folds, limper folds

Turn:
K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
MP bets, MP2 calls, Hero raises, all call

River:
3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
MP checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks

The turn raise was a plan from the flop, knowing MP's betting range included lots of hands I beat. Figured her for a preflop raise with a better J, but QJo was a slight possibility.

Anyone find an easy raise on the flop?

Anyone see a problem with the River check? Didn't expect MP was calling me without a better hand, would have liked an extra bet from MP2 but there was a small chance he had a K or two small pair and he'd fold if he missed completely.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:14 PM

Default Re: Turn raise TPMK

AJ thread.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1
Old 07-11-2007, 07:22 PM

Default Re: Turn raise TPMK

You have top pair and a backdoor straight draw. Your pair isn't exactly "comfy", so I think you have to raise the flop. By raising when a scare card hits the turn you're doing things backwards, IMHO. But since you didn't get the dreaded r/r and all check the river you have the green light.