Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 02:15 PM

Default Verizon finally got something right - when I left!

Verizon imo is one of the worst companies I've ever dealt with. They are terrible. They've overbilled me several times, wasted tens of hours of my time as a result. Support was always impossible to get ahold of, and when I did they just read from scripts and never actually helped out. Because I'm not an idiot so whenever I called support it's because I had an ACTUAL PROBLEM and they don't deal with that stuff.

So on the 7th my contract with them expired, and I canceled it. I had gotten a bill the day before for $120 - which isn't fun, but it wasn't wrong cause I had sent a lot of out-of-network texts last month. Today I get another bill from them, this time for $62 which is roughly what my plan cost. I'm thinking, "[censored], Verizon is sticking me with two bills, I hate them." And I look at the statement and see

<ul type="square">[*]Balance forward due immediately: $120.49[*]Monthly access charge: -$52.36[*]Total amount due: $62.55[/list]
The ONE thing that Verizon ever did to make me happy as a customer over the course of six years was when I was no longer a customer. Go figure.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Verizon finally got something right - when I left!

They are scum I'm sick of them too. New iphone will hopefully be out in 10 months when my contract ends.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:51 PM

You get billed in advance for the access plan, when you canceled you get a refund on the access plan you were already billed for but will not use.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You get billed in advance for the access plan, when you canceled you get a refund on the access plan you were already billed for but will not use.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he already knows this, the problem lies in the fact that he, for whatever reason, thinks this is thread worthy.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:29 PM

I've actually had no problems with Verizon really.

found their cust-support to be pretty helpful, polite and professional.
Seriously.

I've seen the occasional complaint about them around here but my experience with them when my Broadband-Access card wasn't working was actually a very positive one.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:33 PM

Making a friend + telling him story = reduction in urge to post meaningless drivel on internet message board.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:52 PM

I'm just pointing out what I think to be a somewhat absurd situation. In six years of being a customer, they've never done anything that made me happy to be a customer. Whenever I've had a problem I call them up, and as we get nowhere resolving the issue, I calmly explain to them what it will take to satisfy me. My requests have always been reasonable. They always said they can't/won't. I think it's interesting that they dealt with me so poorly that whole time, and finally did something that made me happy once my contract expired. I understand how it works - my charges were refunded because they bill in advance - but I definitely anticipated huge hassles because they charged me a disconnect fee, or wanted another month, or whatever.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:10 PM

The single most annoying thing with them is the way they WILL NOT LET YOU HANG UP when you're done with them. I say "thanks, bye," they respond with "I hope that I've been able to answer blah blah blah looking at your plan I see that blah blah blah" and try to keep me on the phone. It makes me want to line them up and punch them all one by one in the adam's apple. I like to be polite and end on a "goodbye," but they keep with the shpiel for so long now that I just hang the [censored] up on them.

-bb.