Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 12:53 AM

Default need a good NL low stakes holdem book , internet play

ok I’ve been playing holdem for a year now, started off with micro limit holdem and then recently moved into $25NL short stacked games
I’ve read a few beginners books such as: lee jones and mathew hilgers books & I started reading SS2's section on NL holdem and thought a lot of the advice was unrealistic as I don't see how you can get a dominant table presence in online tables at my 25NL level with people jumping in and out of tables

I was thinking about getting
How To DOMINATE $1 & $2 No Limit Hold'Em
but I’m not sure how much it will help as its was written for live games

I'm not looking for a hard read at the moment

thanks for any advice
Old 07-14-2007, 03:16 AM

Default Re: need a good NL low stakes holdem book , internet play

On the 20th of this month, 2+2 are releasing a NL book called "Professional No-Limit Hold'em. You can't imagine how much we have all been looking forward to this one! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Edit: Here is a link to a thread in this forum. It contains the table of contents that Mason posted.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:10 AM

Hang on a sexond.

I thought Professional NLHE was supposed to be a more advanced book. Looking at the TOC i'm thinking otherwise. Where is this book supposed to fit in with the other 2+2 NL books? Oh, this will be fun. Rank NLHETAP, HOH, and PNLHE in order from basic to advanced. Sorry if i'm hijacking the thread.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hang on a sexond.

I thought Professional NLHE was supposed to be a more advanced book. Looking at the TOC i'm thinking otherwise. Where is this book supposed to fit in with the other 2+2 NL books? Oh, this will be fun. Rank NLHETAP, HOH, and PNLHE in order from basic to advanced. Sorry if i'm hijacking the thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the book was originally planned to be a small stakes hold em book for NL and then once it was underway it's scope became wider.....

I guess the Advanced stuff will be in the form of nuggets in amongst the basic stuff, or a fresh look at what people regard as the basics and will lead onto more advanced stuff either in this book or the follow up.

(although to me, a mere beginner it will be all advanced stuff...and i cant wait!!)
Old 07-14-2007, 03:30 PM

thanks i will check the reviews after the book is good, index looks great

[ QUOTE ]
On the 20th of this month, 2+2 are releasing a NL book called "Professional No-Limit Hold'em. You can't imagine how much we have all been looking forward to this one! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Edit: Here is a link to a thread in this forum. It contains the table of contents that Mason posted.

[/ QUOTE ]