Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 08:08 PM

Default When should I slow down ?????

Playing 3-6 at the Taj in AC. Picked up a huge hand on a very threatening bored.

The UG1 player is a very loose (about 50%) of hands...bit over values top pair type hands otherwise nothing to out of line.

The co is a very LAGY lady. Though tends to call down once some one else shows aggression.

I'm in mid 2 with AA....

UTG1 limps...folds to me, I raise...folds to co who calls, sb calls, bb folds, UTG1 3 bets. Uselly I wory bout this but this time I find the 4 bet with my AA (planning to be a little careful if a k flops), The co calls the sb folds and
the ug1 calls.

3 players see the flop for ...15 small bets.

The flop is
A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

The UG1 bets, I hoping he has ak or KK, just call ( I cant protect, raising the turn protects from and inside strait, but now putting UTG1 on KK (as even I can work out he can't have AA) don't know weather I should rais for value here or weight for turn.

The CO calls.

Turn is 10 bb.. and is the J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
giving a bored of

A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG1 bets, I raise, co calls 2 cold, and UTG1 3 bets.

I'm now thinking 4 jacks is quite possible, this guy must be putting me on AA, of course thinking this way in a live 3-6 can be a mistake, so I 4bet (it still caps as we have the 3rd player who's hand is complelty a mystery. At this point I think I'm planning on just calling the river if utg1 bo again after my cap...almost would have to be 4 jacks. Am I getting to weak tight given the caliber of the player. And to may surprice the SB all so calls, god knows what she has.

You will be happy to know that the river brings the fourth A and my major problem now becomes how to sneak the table over to the show boat just in case I need the bad beat jack pot....but over all on the river I'm planning to go broke if I have to and hope my read of 4 jacks was correct.

Any comments appreciated, Thanks.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:41 PM

Default Re: When should I slow down ?????

slow down when they show you KsQs after the showdown

How do you walk around with all those shadows everywhere?
Old 07-05-2007, 10:48 PM

[censored] go all in and win 90% of the time.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:47 AM

Preflop: I yell at you forever if you wouldn't have capped it.

Flop: I just raise it. You don't have to protect your hand from the weak straight draws because they are not looking to stick around on three suited flop. If one of your opponents has K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] they are probably going to see the river no matter what you do.

Turn: There are quite a few hands that villian could have besides JJ here. AJ, 98 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], JT, TT, AxK [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], etc. Not capping would be bad.

River: Assuming you guys have quite a few bets in your stacks you can't go on raising indefinately because you only have the 2nd nuts (KQ [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for royal). I'm not sure what the point is where you just call. 8 bets?
Old 07-09-2007, 05:02 PM

I slow down when my body hits the bottom of the rope.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:17 PM

just raise flop
Old 07-09-2007, 05:59 PM

What's badbeat jackpot at taj, at CP if u were beat on turn in this hand you would have it, I won one rivering quad jacks and other guy had aces full.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:00 PM

Btw he never slowed down because he's either taking a huge pot or 50% of BB jackpot. Although he stopped at I believe 7 or 8 bets on river.